Palace additions no longer offered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palace additions no longer offered?

In my first game (Indians, Warlord) I made it to around 1200 AD before aborting and starting another one. I was offered several palace additions -- maybe four or five total.

In my next two games (British, Warlord & British, Regent) I have made it to 500AD in the first and 1000AD in the second, and never been offered a single addition in either one. This makes me sad, since buffing up my throne room was one of my favorite parts of Civ2.

Does anyone know what could be behind this? Are there specific triggers for the palace additions? In both of the last two games, I had several wonders and very high culture, but happend to start out on semi-islands and thus had no trade routes or land-based contact with other Civs (though I did have embassies).

I've noticed this, and wondered at it, and what's even odder, is if you press F9 (I think, whichever is the view Palace button), you'll suddenly get all the builds you should have been offered. I've been offered up to 5 straight.

Comment

You only get these if you're doing well. I remember in Civ 1 + 2 not getting any for several serveral turns, and then getting one every turn for a few turns. It really depends on how well you're doing!
      "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

No, it really doesn't come up after your first game. But when you open the screen manually (F9) you can build as many immediate improvements as you'd have been entitled to. Insta-Palace.

Comment

I agree. My gf and I have both experienced the same thing. I just press F9 every now and then (particularly after building a wonder or doing something I think may be worthwhile) and see if I've scored another one. It's a bug that really shouldn't have slipped through, but I imagine it's probably an easy one to fix.
          - mkl

Comment

I had that too. It fixed itself around the end of the feudal age, when I suddenly got offered to improve the palace for the 1st time, and could put 5 improvements at once. Then it got back to normal

Comment

It asked me for the first time today, toward the end of the industrial age. I was shocked! I've had other updates since then that I've had to go looking for though, so it's not fixed yet. My gf seems to be having more luck though.
              - mkl

Comment

Even stranger, some games now it DOES offer me the upgrades when I earn them, one at a time, and other games it still doesn't bother unless I ask for them. NO idea what the differences are.

Comment

Has anyone added this to the bug list thread yet?
                  - mkl

Comment

Its weird, but i haven't had any of these problems. I still get all my upgrades!
                    "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

They mostly game me messages last night, but there were a couple of instances where they didn't.
                      - mkl

Comment

Working...
                      X