Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

I am having all sorts of problems. The text is garbeled. Under preferences, the check boxes don't match up with the text and the top line is not readable. In the game the box in the bottom right hand corner is garbled. It looks like two text messages are appearing one on top of the other. When I tried to start the game and hit the "b" key, I received the error message "unable to allocate draw buffer-terminating program."
    Then, if I try to load a new scenario, i get an error -civ3.exe dive by zero.
    I updated ATI drivers, reloaded game and directX.
    Any ideas????

See all the other threads. Many people have similar problems.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The short answer is

1) close down as many background apps as possible

2) Reduce the number of fonts in the Font Directory to a more managable number (areound 256)

For more detail, please refer to the 3 Technical Issues Thread.

Comment

my fonts just look like crap, when the font is installed.
        when i deinstall Lucida Sans, the big Text looks good but doesnt fit to the bottoms and edges of boxes anymore. the small text overwrites itselves in one line.

problem is: your solution cant work here. i am sure that there are no background programs, and i only have 107 fonts in total.

more ideas?

Comment

I have an ATI graphics card as well (Rage Fury Pro) and I can't even run the game.

I have reduced background tasks to bone minimum, only have 94 fonts, and have decreased my hardware acceleration (try that as well.) At least tech support returns my emails within 24 hrs. I'm waiting for email #2 any minute now...
          "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Working...
          X