Breaking up armies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking up armies...

Once you form an army and add units, how can you later remove those units? For instance I had knights in an army but couldn't upgrade them while they were in the army. Unfortunately there was no way to remove the knights from the army!

How do you do this?

Thanks!

Re: Breaking up armies...

Originally posted by Dire Wolf
    Once you form an army and add units, how can you later remove those units? For instance I had knights in an army but couldn't upgrade them while they were in the army. Unfortunately there was no way to remove the knights from the army!

How do you do this?

Thanks!

Once you depart the city in which the army was created, you can't load or unload units from that army. I'm also fairly certain this means you can't upgrade units once you put them into an army, either. This was changed after the manual was printed (if you read the readme.txt you may find more info)

Dan
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

The information is at least partially incorrect. I have been able to add units to an army in the field. Haven't tried removing or swapping though.

Here is what I did:
        1) Rushed my brand new leader back to a city.
        2) Used the create army command with him once he was there.
        3) Took him into the field, not realizing the army had no units in it.
        4) Several turns later my leader met up with a Legionary out in the field, I used the load unit command and added the Legionary to the army.
        5) On the next turn I added 2 more units to the army.

Comment

Working...
        X