bic files for ESPIONAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bic files for ESPIONAGE

First a shout out to Gramphos for coming up with modifying software without even having the game yet!
    BUT: while I understand that adding units, houses, etc. is necessary for the creation of new, undreamt-of scenarios, I'm interested in improving the FEW aspects of the game that have been criticized in the earliest reviews. One in particular: ESPIONAGE.
    It's been written that espionage seems like a tacked-on afterthought in CIVIII. Why? How can it be improved? From the earliest reports I've been disappointed that diplomats and spies are not physical units any more, and now I learn that the espionage process is inadeqate. So, like: any ideas, anyone? Any patches, .bic files, whatever?

How mush can you edit of the Espionage in the BICs currently?

(They are possible to copy if there is any meaning with doing so)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Sorry, Gramphos - can't answer that question. I don't have the game myself yet. Does anyone else have an opinion?

To make myself clearer: is there a way of attributing the available espionage actions in Civ III to an actual moving unit like in Civ II?

What do players feel about the new espionage interface? Without a unit to move around, does it feel more mysterious, as all good spy action should be? Or does it lack character (as I fear)?

Comment

Right now espionage is worthless. I'm only in the middle ages and don't have spy options and what-not. All I can do is spy on a city or steal a tech (oh, you have to build embassies in a civ to access these, they costanywhere from 30 to 100 gold). Stealing a tech provides you with three options, the Now option, costing the east amount f oney ad prviding the worst chance of success, the Careful method, which costs twice as much and has a higher rate of probability, and the Extremely Careful method which costs twice as much as the previous and gives you a goos chance for success.

edit:Supid wireless keyboard needs batteries so there are quite a few typos, and I refuse to correct them.
        I never know their names, But i smile just the same
        New faces...Strange places,
        Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
        -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Working...
        X