Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v0.61 is ready

Now units can be imported and exported together with one civ (I'll try to make the civs any number as well, but it will take some time, and other versions might get ready before)

I'll edit out the old downloads now, and place a link in the first post to the download in this post.

How I'll do with the next update I don't know. I might keep this post for the file, and keep history in the first post and post a new post to notify, or I'll do as before. It is probably the same amount of work for me.

Out after 116 downloads
    Last edited by Gramphos; November 13, 2001, 15:36.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

v61.5

The last version had some unfinished features, and I believe a bug with Unit-import.

This version can import all files that can be exported (and doesn't generate an error when you try to import a mod-file without any civs.)

Another improvement to the import function is that you no longer need to restart the tool after an import.

Out after 2 downloads
      Last edited by Gramphos; November 13, 2001, 16:02.

Comment

v0.62

It was easier to finish the export for more then one civ then I thought. I was not going to publish version 0.62 before tomorrow, but the bugs I found while making it made me to make version 0.61.5 for today. Now just a short while later I can present version 0.62.

It is version 0.61.5 with an improved export function as well. Now any number of civs can be exported. (The import function in 0.61.5 can import these files already.)

removed after 83 downloads
        Last edited by Gramphos; November 15, 2001, 18:40.

Comment

What exactly does it mean to export/import a unit to Civ3? Where are you importing it from? Can you add a new unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Red October
            What exactly does it mean to export/import a unit to Civ3? Where are you importing it from? Can you add a new unit?
            It is meant to be used if one modmaker make a unit, and another makes another unit to allow you to use both unist in the same file.
            And yes, units can be added, but at the moment nobody but Firaxis' artists can make unitanimations.

Comment

Gramphos, I'm trying to copy and paste the Nuclear Submarine entry in the PediaIcons.txt. When I go to paste, it says "Not enough memory available to complete this operation. Quit one or more applications to increase available memory, and then try again." I've done exactly what you said and it's not working!!! Any idea why?

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out. It wouldn't let me paste more than one line at a time!

Comment

hey gramphos, whenever I try to open a bic file with your program, it stops responding and locks up. I have had similar problems with older versions as well. What could I be doing wrong? i have the VB thing you posted at Civfanatics installed.
                Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Gramphos, I'm trying to copy and paste the Nuclear Submarine entry in the PediaIcons.txt. When I go to paste, it says "Not enough memory available to complete this operation. Quit one or more applications to increase available memory, and then try again." I've done exactly what you said and it's not working!!! Any idea why?

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out. It wouldn't let me paste more than one line at a time!
                  Are you using Notepad? It has a maximum limit on the files that can be handled without errors.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                    hey gramphos, whenever I try to open a bic file with your program, it stops responding and locks up. I have had similar problems with older versions as well. What could I be doing wrong? i have the VB thing you posted at Civfanatics installed.
                    Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
                    It is possible that your bic doesn't contain more then a map, and I have not tested the tool with bics without all sections.

I'll have the game 18½ hours, I'll be able to test a lot more then. (But I have a book to read before the end of this weekend.)

Comment

I am just using my default civ3mod.bic file. I don't think I have made a map, but I have made quite a few changes in the rules and so forth. Is a map some kind of a neccessity for this?

Comment

Gramphos, if I copy a unit, do I need to make a new folder for that unit's sounds or will it know to use the old unit's sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                          I am just using my default civ3mod.bic file. I don't think I have made a map, but I have made quite a few changes in the rules and so forth. Is a map some kind of a neccessity for this?
                          Can you attach the file you try to use. I might know what the error is...

Comment

Gramphos, if I copy a unit, do I need to make a new folder for that unit's sounds or will it know to use the old unit's sounds?
                            If you copy and rename a unit with the tool the unit folder will be copied as well.

Comment

v0.63

- The bug with changed rules fixed (hopefully)
                              - Some minor changes to the interface as well, but don't worry, you will recognize it.

Out after 17 downloads
                              Last edited by Gramphos; November 16, 2001, 04:22.

Comment

Here is the problematic .bic file Gramphos!
                                See what you can do with it!
                                Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X