Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 0.60.0003

The bug with import dialog fixed. (I don't know if I have the time to wait for the edit message to show up, or if I'll let the last version be left. there are no major changes, so if I get abusy error, I'll probably wait until next update to delete it.)

For the next update I hope to have the unit export/import ready, but I can't prommies that I make a quick vug fx without adding it, but version 0.61 will have it. I'll also try to make a version history by then.

Edited out after 61 downloads.
    Last edited by Gramphos; November 11, 2001, 16:59.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Um...I downloaded your latest version, and I'm totally new to this.

Where are the BIC files located? I looked all over my Civilization 3 directory and couldn't find them

Comment

I wonder, I read on crash problem when using the created civ, but I've run into a different one. When using it, or just when it is in the game, I crash after 8 turns, everytime. I made sure of unique colors to alliviate that problem, and it doesn't have that problem. Any ideas?

Comment

The BIC files are located in the CiIII\Scenarios folder. There should be the shipped world maps in there.

Comment

I downloaded it, and used it to creat 1 extra Civ: The Dutch
            I cloned the Romans, and edited the citynames and such. Worked fine at first, but i experience crashes.

The most clear one is when you go into the Adviser screen, and select Foreign Advisor. It crashes right there, no matter when I go there.

I reverted back to the original .bic, and all my problems were gone!

Anyways, is this a known bug? I wanna play the Dutch!
            If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Comment

Originally posted by maartena
              I downloaded it, and used it to creat 1 extra Civ: The Dutch
              I cloned the Romans, and edited the citynames and such. Worked fine at first, but i experience crashes.

The most clear one is when you go into the Adviser screen, and select Foreign Advisor. It crashes right there, no matter when I go there.

I reverted back to the original .bic, and all my problems were gone!

Anyways, is this a known bug? I wanna play the Dutch!
              I have heard something about that it might have happened before, but I have not been able to test it myself. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, some say that they experience crashes when playing as the copied civ, but not when playing against it. I'll look into this more when I have the game.

Comment

I believe I know what the problem with the advisor is, but unfortunately I can't do anything about it, at least not until I have the game. The BICs do only contain the name of the animations, and not any other graphics (as the leaderpics in the advisor page). I believe they are stored somewhere in the exe.

I don't know if the mainexe is hackable to add more picture names. If anyone feel that he is good enough to check the exe, do so. Otherwise I'll wait until I have the game.

Comment

I have looked into the textfiles, and it is possible that you can add more paths in pediaicons.txt.

Try to copy ALL graphics (it might be sharing violations) to new names, and specify them in the BIC and the pediaicons.txt

Let me know if it works.

Comment

Problems I have:

1. Even if I change the face of the leader in civ3edit, when i lose/win, the game over screen (where all the other civs say nasty things about you) still shows the original face.

example: I cloned England, renamed it Canada. I changed queens face to persia (Wilfred Laurier), but when I retired, its still showed elizzys face.

2. When I'm not being Canada, and I talk to Laurier via diplomacy screen, he says stuff like "Shaka: Ai's Name", and "Laurier: Ai's Civ". Can you add something on the next version so we can edit what they say, like, a little text box? This would REALLY HELP ME A LOT!

3. When I see my foreign advisor guy, it crashes right there and then.

I'm sure there's a few more probles. I have no doubt you'll fix it though.

Comment

Originally posted by erikmistal
                      Problems I have:

1. Even if I change the face of the leader in civ3edit, when i lose/win, the game over screen (where all the other civs say nasty things about you) still shows the original face.

example: I cloned England, renamed it Canada. I changed queens face to persia (Wilfred Laurier), but when I retired, its still showed elizzys face.

2. When I'm not being Canada, and I talk to Laurier via diplomacy screen, he says stuff like "Shaka: Ai's Name", and "Laurier: Ai's Civ". Can you add something on the next version so we can edit what they say, like, a little text box? This would REALLY HELP ME A LOT!

3. When I see my foreign advisor guy, it crashes right there and then.

I'm sure there's a few more probles. I have no doubt you'll fix it though.
                      I believe that the game uses different graphics for those screens, but I don't know where they are located. They are not present in the BICs. Before I have the game I can't tell whether it is possible to make this work fully. If you have tried what I stated in my last post I can't help you more now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

I believe that the game uses different graphics for those screens, but I don't know where they are located. They are not present in the BICs. Before I have the game I can't tell whether it is possible to make this work fully. If you have tried what I stated in my last post I can't help you more now.
                        I've the same problems with my copied Civ as well. I don't think that this has been pointed out but I've also found that copied Wonders also bomb out once you have created them, whereas copied City Improvements seem to work fine

BTW, kudos for all the work you've done to make this game customizable and if there's anyway I can help (send a file, test something) please feel free to drop me an email.

Thanks.

Comment

The art for all the leaders in the endgame screens is stored in the art/leaderheads directory. The text/pediaicons file tells where to use these graphics. Just so you know...

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
                            The art for all the leaders in the endgame screens is stored in the art/leaderheads directory. The text/pediaicons file tells where to use these graphics. Just so you know...
                            Is it possible to change the graphics for the advisor in that file too?

Comment

Oki, I have read all of the posts, but I still am not really sure what this tool will do. What I am looking for is something that I can use to combine different sets of rules (civ3mod) and different civilopedias. For example. There is a mod to add the citystate, and one to add fascism. Each of them has a seperate civilopedia file, but if I overwrite one with the other then the original one (either city state, or fascism, whichever one I installed first) will get overwritten. And if I want to both have the fascism and city state in it then I have to manually add the settings for one of them into the other one, other wise the other one will get overwritten. Is tehre any way to combine the civilopedia files or the civ3mod files? Can this tool you are talking about do it? Thanks a lot!
                              DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                              EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                              AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Ruharc,
                                I might add support for combining later on, but as then it will definitely not be a copy tool any more, but a multi tool. Should I rename it?
                                Currently there is no tool I know about that combines BICs or Civilopedia. I'll add full exportabilities later on, but as is right now only civs an be exported with my tool, but units will be added soon, as soon as some minor issues with how to handle availability has been solved, and maybe also the same for the civs has been remade to only apply for the original units. I maybe also should make a tool for more tweaking of the extracted formats, that should allow the different flags to be changed to other then what to tool "thinks" is what the creator wants them to be. But that will have to wait until the next version of the tool is out.

Comment

Working...
                                X