Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. Last question. Where/which is the latest copy tool on this thread? Anything I need to know about installation/bugs/issues etc.?
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

• The latest tool is linked to from the first post in the thread. It is v0.90 IIRC

If you have problem with the tool there is a full setup for that version at Civfanatics.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I'm sorry but I've never been able to get this, but why not just add units with the Civ3 Hacked Editor???

Comment

• k, i got a big problem...well, big but not so evil problem from using the multi-tool... i wanna know if there is any way i can angle around in my editor to fix it

i added 16 units with the multi-tool.. however, now, aside from the units a civ starts with, no matter what tech advances a civ makes... it can never get anything but the first units it begins with... and even then, it doesnt.

Oh, btw, i was editing Martha's World map.bic

So, England starts with Settler, Worker, Warior, Scout, and the Pirogue... i think thats all England should start with. so I try a game with England, and they don't get the pirogue right away... i get bronze-working, and the spear-man isnt added to my build list...

so basically... i THINK from adding 16(17 if you count Martha's Pirogue) units, i screwed up something on how units are added to the "build options" list.

Any ideas on how this could be fixed? or have i gone over some kind of unit barrier?
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• hi, i have a slight problem...i started a game with marla singers world map and immediatley saved in civ. I loaded that saved game into the savegame editor thinking i could place units on the map..specifically settlers where cities geographically should be...thats what you can do with this tool can't you? Well it kinda worked but all my settlers are invisible! And the cities i build too! I strongly suspect it has something to do with the buildings_small.pcx...is that right? I haven't been able to download the corrected .pcx file...every time i download it and try to open it with winzip it just brings up an error message....can you tell me if it is the .pcx file or what am i doing wrong?
            thanks,
            Frodo

edith i forgot...when i save the map in the editor it also adds everytime an (invisible) settler at 0,0...i only pushed the add button once!
            Of course it would be awesome if i wouldn't have to go by adding settlers to build cities then start the game build the cities and then go back and edit the cities, but just add the cities in the editor in the first place...
            Last edited by Frodo160; April 10, 2002, 02:12.

Comment

• You use the latest version (0.90)?

Comment

• I was using 8.7, or 8.3 originally, to add my units (i hope you were talking to me...)

what could it be? i only added 16 units, 17 if you count the martha's Pirogue.

Comment

• I've run into the unit at 0,0 also. I found that if you manual change the location, then select a defferant unit before you save it, it fixes that. As far as the invisiable stuff, have you tried resetting the feild of view once you have finished placing all your units?

My problem as been that if I add settlers, then use them to build cities, I eventually get a DATAIO: UNITS error when I try and load the game.

Comment

• Actually that was a question for both of you. That problem with barbarian settlers at (0,0) should have been fixed with 0.90.

Comment

• so would i have to remove all my 8.3 units, and replace them all over again with 9.0?

and if so, does that mean completely re-doing the bic i edited? im not sure ive seen a "remove" option in the C3MT

(EDIT) Oh... just checking, are you sure this is what my problem is? i can build new buildings as i get the techs for them... but i can't build new units, or any naval units. and would you mind giving a brief description of this barbarian settler, or emailing me at dninot@yahoo.ca? thx for all help (EDIT)

Comment

• yeah i'm using 0.90...i also tried resetting the fog of war...

Comment

• No, that shouldn't be needed. I have a big test tomorrow, and has to hand in some things as well. Will not have time to look at anything not related to school before the end of the weekend.

Comment

• (SEVERE EDIT) this post became useless before anyone could answer... i have everything solved
                            Last edited by Ninot; April 11, 2002, 21:25.

Comment

• Problems report related to C3MT

Hey Gramphos -
                              Love the tool. I wanted to let you know about two problems I've encountered with it. I've been editing and using Norm's Huge Europe Map (256x256) with Civ 3 1.17f. The scenarios start up fine, but random starting locations is annoying so I used the C3MT (0.90) to fix the starts. It moves everyone just fine but has the side effect of wreaking the technology rate . Before I edit it, the first tech always takes the Max setting, as usual, (40 turns in my case), but after C3MT all techs for the rest of the game always take the minimum (4, 8, 12 turns, whatever I have set). I haven't had these problems with extensive editing of Marlas Maps and others. Issue number 2: if I try to add units using C3MT, the saved game pukes and dies at ~37% on the reload. That's bad. If you have any ideas lemme hear 'em. thanks.

Comment

• Is the problem with CPT as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X