Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the error, it is something about that the save has no cities. I'll see what I can do about it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• v0.84.0001

Error fixed

(219 kB)

153 downloads
      Last edited by Gramphos; April 19, 2002, 19:12.

Comment

• Herr Gramphos:

I read VB runtime as Visual Basic runtime, correct?

What minimum version do I need for your tool?

Comment

• Originally posted by candidgamera
          Herr Gramphos:

I read VB runtime as Visual Basic runtime, correct?

What minimum version do I need for your tool?
          If you get the full instll you will get them. Anyway: you will need VB5 SP3 runtimes.

Comment

• Tack sa mycket.

Comment

• Gramphos

I notice you have an option to copy terrain. Will the game add it into the random maps if I copy 1 or 2, then change the graphics? I mean in addition to what already exists.

Comment

• Re: Gramphos

Originally posted by Willem
                I notice you have an option to copy terrain. Will the game add it into the random maps if I copy 1 or 2, then change the graphics? I mean in addition to what already exists.
                When you say it I don't know if it will work with the map format... That option is as old as civs and eras (before I had the game, so I've not tested it myself)

Comment

• How will you change the graphics for the new terrain? How do you know what pcx the new terrain will get its picture from?

Comment

• Good point. I just had a look in the Art folder, and there's nothing there in the way of grassland etc. graphics. So I guess I can't do it, that's all hard coded by the looks of it. Oh well, life is full of good intentions.

Comment

• I'm trying to add a new unit "Fire Galley" as a test case. I've used Gramphos multi tool and copied the galley, then changed the attack, defense etc with the editor. The fun part is that I'm trying to add a new flc file of the galley that spews out fire from the front! I noticed there was only an ini in the "fire galley" art/unit folder so I duplicated the files from galley art/unit folder into the "fire galley" folder, renamed them "firegalleyattack" etc and added my new flc with the appropriate name.

I started a game and everything was fine. I could build a fire galley with all the right stats etc. When I attacked, however, I got the galleyattack flc rather than my custom flc.

I had a look at the ini in the "fire galley" folder and (as I understand it) the "fire galley" ini was pointing to the galley art sounds etc. Is that right? So the bypass of "firegalleyattackA.flc" was understandable.

I edited the ini to point at the "fire galley" files but now the game will crash as soon as I click on the (build) fire galley in the city screen (the galley icon is present with the correct stats). I also edited the civilopedia.txt and pediaicons.txt to include the fire galley. In the editor I pointed to PRTO_fire_galley.

I tested the flc by renaming it to "galleyattackA.flc" and putting it in the galley folder. It worked with no glitches no crashes etc! I'll attach it if someone can tell me what extension to give it.

I figure I've left something out somewhere. I'd appeciate any help. My next choice is to go back and try to add the unit from the editor and add the art/unit etc manually (but I'd rather not).
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Well I don't know what say, other than the crash you experienced when selecting the Fire Galley almost certainly is because it can't find a graphic file. I had the same problem with a unit before. Have you compared the two ini files side by side to see whether maybe the Fire galley is missing some small thing? The answer is in there somewhere, maybe one misspelled letter etc. so you'll have to go over everything with a fine tooth comb. And use the Galley as your template. It never hurts to start again from the beginning either. Maybe there's something in the steps you took.

Comment

• Could you attach your ini?

Comment

• Willem,

Thanks for the reply. I've looked for differences between the galley and my firegalley directorys and there isnt much. The firegalley.amb may be a problem since I'm guessing it must use some the galley wav files. Thats an avoidable problem I think. I'm wondering if the bic file is modified by the multi tool to include pointing at the original "firegalley" directory with an ini file that points to the files in the galley art/units directory. If thats the case, my changes to the "firegalley" ini and the inclusion of "firegalley" files will be in conflict with instructions in the bic file. I guess I'll try going back to the original bic file and start from scratch.

I've zipped and attached the firegalley.flc file.
                            Attached Files
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Gramphos,

Great work on the multi tool. Here's the ini file.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• It is most likely the amb file, but you should not need to copy any files, just add the file you want to change, and edit the ini of that entry (that will save hd space.) If you want to copy everything: don't rename GalleyAttackArrow.wav, GalleyAttackBow.wav or GalleyAttackWater.wav

Comment

Working...
                                X