Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I downloaded your new version however it is still giving me the same error. did you post the correct version. What I did was uninstalled the multitool then I applied your new version that you posted. Once I started the program it thanked me for upgrading to your 003 version.

Please let me know

Stanley.

PS I think that you are doing a great job with your tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
      The problem with adding civs is that some graphical paths are hardcoded in the exe. That was not known when the CopyTool was first created, so then the limit was what the BIC-format limited to. However there is not possible to add any civs right now without getting the foreign advisor to crash.
      It will crash if you play the new civ. If the comp control it, it won'y crash, but you'll see a faceless civ at your foreign advisor. And, as I have posted before, the path has been found, the problem is the part of the program that read it (it means that we only can select the graphic file we want for the first 16 civs)

Originally posted by Gramphos
      I tried making the numbered up to 31 + 1 barbarian civ, and it crashes my game with an error upon choosing the scenario to play
      You can't use a bic with extra civs as scenario. The program will try to associate each scenario civ with an original one, and as the number doesn't match it will crash. Make your bic the standard one (civ3mod.bic) and it will work (don't forget to back up the original civ3mod.bic)
      I recomend you to add civs one by one, and test the game each time. The reason is that sometimes the adding goes wrong and you need to remove the civ and add it again. Imagine if your 31 civ file doesn't work... Where do you start looking? I've added only two civs, and I had to make the 2nd one twice - don't ask me why...
      His Majesty the Emperor Augusto I

Comment

• It is quoted wrongly. Secon quote is from CrazyOldBear's post.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanley
          I downloaded your new version however it is still giving me the same error. did you post the correct version. What I did was uninstalled the multitool then I applied your new version that you posted. Once I started the program it thanked me for upgrading to your 003 version.

Please let me know

Stanley.

PS I think that you are doing a great job with your tool.
          I'll check on it, but my computer has almost died. Can you test to start with /sge (the splash screen should close)
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Never mind. Just checked the ZIP filename. was incorrect. Has updated the post with the corrected zip.

Comment

• Working great for me now. Thanks.

Comment

• Ok the new version added the units and after a while of playing I saved the game. I then had to do something else and when I tried to load the game that I had played for a while Civ 3 gave me an error about Data0 units message. I have attached a zip file that contains the file that I started with then the file after I moved the untis around and then the file after I had played the game for a while.

I will have to attach the file that I changed in another message. These zip has after the change and after playing a while.

Stanley
                Attached Files

Comment

• These is the file that I used the tool on.

Stanley
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Strange. This sounds as something that is caused by the game and not by my tool, as the save was playable first. And the error seem to have been created wile you played. I'll take a look at it, but I it might have to wait.

Comment

• I found a work around that appears to be working. If I change an existing unit it works fine. However if I add a unit it appears to cause that error.

Stanley

Comment

• Originally posted by stanley
                        I found a work around that appears to be working. If I change an existing unit it works fine. However if I add a unit it appears to cause that error.

Stanley
                        On a previous post you mentioned that you had to do something else. Did this involve adding something in Civ3Multi Tool then editing in the Editor? Any changes of that sort will mean that you can't reload a saved game. There will always be an error reading your save game file.

Comment

• Willem, he has added units to the save, not new unit types. The save is from Marlas map, and has rules in it.
                          Last edited by Gramphos; February 10, 2002, 05:18.

Comment

• Augusto,

Cheers 4 the help. So, I can add the new civs into the civ3.bic, OK, I'll do that then. But I can't play as a civ in any of the new positions? Because it crashes at the foreign advisor screen?

And I assume that when negotiating with a new civ, the foreign leader head is not shown? But it doesn't crash? It doesn't matter if I rename and change the text and stuff of the current 15 civs though does it? I mean, it won't crash if I rename the Iroquois the Mexicans and change all the leaders, cities, etc, and then decide to play as them??? Just hoping for confirmation before I decide properly what I actually want to do with my game. Sorry to be a pain.

Comment

• Don't worry about asking, CrazyOldBear, at least as long as I have answers

When you add a civ with Civ3copytool, you're copying an existing civ with every setting it has at civ3mod.bic . That includes animated leaderhead (you can check at the civ3 editor; the bottom left of the Civilizations options displays the selected flic for the leaderhead, so you can choose what leaderhead do you want to be shown during negotiation). That's why it doesn't crash when negotiating.

Changing existing civilizations won't cause any problem. In this case, Mexicans would work perfectly no matter who controls it. Of course, when you check foreign advisor, you'll see Iroquois' leader face. Let's say that you can use this rule: any change made with the original civ 3 editor won't cause any trouble.

The problem with extra civs foreign advisor is that the information about faces' graphics is in civ3.exe. We can't yet add anything to this file, so we can't provide any information about new civs faces, and it seems to be indispensable when being that civ, but not when playing against it. You can change existing civs graphics, however.

Finally, you might see some weird things during negotiations with added civs, in the text part. Some answers will be something like "playerciv=English" or similar. My guess is that it is caused by the lack of specific text for the new leader (as you must have seen, every leader has its own personal phrases). I'm currently working on diplomacy.txt to fix this.

I hope you find this post usefull.

Comment

• Dan has posted how to edit diplomacy.txt

Comment

Working...
                                X