Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That one was after it was edited, here is before being edited in case it helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Here are two files I experiencing the problem in the zip file.

let me know if you need anything else.

Please note that I have added units. It also does not give me the small icons for modern settlers and workers too.

Stanley
      Last edited by stanley; February 9, 2002, 16:51.

Comment

• Thanks, I hope these files will be enough to fix this bug. You said that your city disappeared, right? But no errors?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Now I have the files I need (I hope) one more thing just. Could you cahck the c3mt.log file in your directory of C3MT, and see if it is anything else then version upgrades listed?

Comment

• I only have the upgrade line in the log file. If you have the version of your tool before you adding the remove city option that would be great.

Stanley

Comment

• That would be 0.83.0002?
              It has some other bugs (that made me rush 0.83.0003).

Check the version history in the readme/first post to see if you want to go back even furter.
              Attached Files

Comment

• A very little step on adding Civs. I've searched the EXE with a he editor and found where the file names for advisors (it is, foreign advisor) are given, and there's plenty of space to add more, at least as far as I have tested. But I still not knowing where are the instructions to use this information (to add similar instructions about 17th civilization). I guess it will take a more experienced programmer, for probably decoding will be needed.
                I should ask my friends from Warclan if someone can make something similar to warhack...

Anyway, I obviously will not give up
                His Majesty the Emperor Augusto I

Comment

• I also only have the upgrade line in the log file. I've also noticed that if I try to start the save game editor directly, it hangs when the splash screen there. This doesn't happen when I start the civ copy tool. If I use the built in menu, things start fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by dowish
                    I also only have the upgrade line in the log file. I've also noticed that if I try to start the save game editor directly, it hangs when the splash screen there. This doesn't happen when I start the civ copy tool. If I use the built in menu, things start fine.
                    Yes I noticed that myself yesterday. It is because the sge doesn't have a splash by default (when you start it from the menu), so it doesn't have any code for turn it off either. I'll fix that.

Comment

• I have found the bug that caused the CITY error. I'll try to locate the other bugs now.

Still no idea why the list gave two barbarians.

Comment

• The thing with the dual barbarians must have been an error in eartler ersions as well. Somehow the readfunction misses the second civ in the save. This means that I have to increase the functionallity of the reading function. Still don't know why your save makes things strange. Have you had that problem with other saves?

If so, I can use more saves to test on.

Comment

• I hav located the problem, and need to improve my search function. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it without any speed losses.

Comment

• v0.83.0004

I've been able to take out the bugs (I think), but you should do some testing of your own (as you know what you did last time).

v0.83.0004
                            - The load and save procedures of the Saves has been changed to not miss some data in very rare cases.
                            - The splash screen now closes when the savegame editor starts directly
                            - Errors with saves without cities have been taken out (there might still be some left)
                            - Bug with unit addition #2 fixed.

Edit: Wrong file posted (0.83.0003) got reposted
                            Replaced with correct zip.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Gramphos; February 9, 2002, 15:00.

Comment

• I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm new to editing and I just need a question answered. I'm after confirmation of how many civilizations I can add safely with the copy tool? Also, do I just select a civ, copy it the number of times, save, and then edit in Civ3Edit? Because I tried making the numbered up to 31 + 1 barbarian civ, and it crashes my game with an error upon choosing the scenario to play. Sorry about asking such simple questions, but I'm a bit stuck.

Thanx in advance...

Comment

• The problem with adding civs is that some graphical paths are hardcoded in the exe. That was not known when the CopyTool was first created, so then the limit was what the BIC-format limited to. However there is not possible to add any civs right now without getting the foreign advisor to crash.

Comment

Working...
                                X