Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.83 full version (dlls included)

1.9mb
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• So I was about to copy a government I wanted to add, but I noticed you don't have a feature for it. Is that because it's not possible, or just that you haven't gotten around to it? This one thread I was reading gave me an idea of adding a Dictatorship, but I don't want to go through the bother of finding out whether it will crash the game or not.

So would it be possible to show the amount of gold the other civs have in their treasury through the save game editor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
        So I was about to copy a government I wanted to add, but I noticed you don't have a feature for it. Is that because it's not possible, or just that you haven't gotten around to it? This one thread I was reading gave me an idea of adding a Dictatorship, but I don't want to go through the bother of finding out whether it will crash the game or not.
        It will work. I just haven't added it, as rthe editor (original) allows you to add governments.

So would it be possible to show the amount of gold the other civs have in their treasury through the save game editor?
        Probably, I've not had time to look into sush simple things
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• C3MT v0.83.0002

This should have been poster yesterdaym, but my ISP decided not to let me get here after I posted v0.83.

v0.83.0002
          - Bugs that didn't allow sub windows for the CopyTool if opened from the main menu fixed.
          - Bug with the remove huts optin for saves fixed
          - Remove huts option added to the Map options for BICs
          - The map options for BICs no longer uses the old system of BIC handling

54 downloads
          Last edited by Gramphos; February 5, 2002, 18:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

It will work. I just haven't added it, as rthe editor (original) allows you to add governments.
            Yes, I noticed that just after I posted the question. I have a knack for asking stupid questions don't I?

Comment

• Does this version install over the old C3CT files, or do I have to delete them first? If I originally had to download the "full" version because I lacked the proper "runtime" files, will I be able to use this new file, or will installing it remove the "runtime" files and require me to re-install them?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                Does this version install over the old C3CT files, or do I have to delete them first? If I originally had to download the "full" version because I lacked the proper "runtime" files, will I be able to use this new file, or will installing it remove the "runtime" files and require me to re-install them?
                I don't think it will install over, but you should do fine with the small version. Just delete C3CT.EXE, and extract it into the directory of C3CT.

Comment

• So when I installed the big version of C3CT it installed the MSVB runtime files to their proper destination and they'll stay there whe I delete the old C3CT?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Yes, they are installed to the System directory, and you can run any VB5 app that doesn't use any other controlls.

Comment

• could you please upload the picture (the corrected graphic that is linked to in the first post of this thread) found at http://apolyton.net/forums/attachmen...&postid=615997 as an image instead of a zip? if i download that zip file i cannot pull out the picture using any program (damn that bug). possibly uploading it again might help, but just attaching a picture will make it show and then i could save it easily enough, thanks. (or say what was fixed and i'll just do it myself with psp)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizaq
                        could you please upload the picture (the corrected graphic that is linked to in the first post of this thread) found at http://apolyton.net/forums/attachmen...&postid=615997 as an image instead of a zip? if i download that zip file i cannot pull out the picture using any program (damn that bug). possibly uploading it again might help, but just attaching a picture will make it show and then i could save it easily enough, thanks. (or say what was fixed and i'll just do it myself with psp)
                        It is one pixel offset around (Wealth I think) (the border is chopped, and one row is higher then all the others) in the original file. That has to be cahnged It will also make some of the images look better (last scanline not missing in building queue) in the game.

Comment

• hmmm, i don't notice it, is it the bit that juts out to the left? or do i already have the corrected version?

[edit] oops this picture is bigger than i realized.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I think your image is correct. That is mostly because it looks as if it already has been extended.

Comment

• Is the add unit function of the Save Game editor working? I have sucessfully moved exsisting units fine, but when I try to add a new unit (any unit from warrior to modern armor) - The game crashes at 37% load with the following error...

DataIO Error:
                              DataIO Operation System Error: UNIT

I have tried this with a number of different units, different civs, and a number of different map locations all resulting in the same problem

v0.83.0002
                              Windows XP
                              1.116f installed

Anyone have any thoughts?

David

Comment

• Originally posted by dcollier99
                                Is the add unit function of the Save Game editor working? I have sucessfully moved exsisting units fine, but when I try to add a new unit (any unit from warrior to modern armor) - The game crashes at 37% load with the following error...

DataIO Error:
                                DataIO Operation System Error: UNIT

I have tried this with a number of different units, different civs, and a number of different map locations all resulting in the same problem

v0.83.0002
                                Windows XP
                                1.116f installed

Anyone have any thoughts?

David
                                I think I did some changes to the code that addd units to work even if the save had colonies for this version. Might have messed up something else. Can you try an earlier version?

0.82.2002 should work (hs been out fo a while)
                                (I don't have time to make cahges before this weekend. Have a big test at the end of this week.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X