Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by Willem

Well one thing I see that might be causing the problem. I copied an Army unit, but the ini file is pointing to the settler data. Can I fix that just by copying the army info, or is there some sort of pointer in the bic file that also needs to be changed?
    It should be enough to just fix the ini, and folder.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by Gramphos

It should be enough to just fix the ini, and folder.
      Nope, I just tried that. I copied the Army Ancient Times ini but the problem is still there. Any chance you could look into that? I'd really, really like to be able to copy an Army for my game. I'm hoping on having 4 different versions become available throughout the game, each with a higher transport capacity and cost.

Comment

• Nope, I just tried that. I copied the Army Ancient Times ini but the problem is still there. Any chance you could look into that? I'd really, really like to be able to copy an Army for my game. I'm hoping on having 4 different versions become available throughout the game, each with a higher transport capacity and cost.
        After you copy the Army Ancient Times unit into the new unit's folder if you have to make sure that the name of each file is changed from "Army Ancient..." to "new unit's name...". The name of the unit folder has to be the name of the unit you use in all other instances, such as what you named it in the editor and the name of the .ini files in the folder.

If that doesn't work, either, then try out this version of "units_32..pcx". Backup your original version of "units_32" in art/units directory and then replace the old "units_32" with the new "units_32".
        Attached Files
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• Well I fixed it. I had copied the ini file, but I hadn't copied the rest of the artwork, so the game didn't know where to look for the graphics. Gramphos, if you could look into why Civ3CopyTool is copying Settler data instead of Army, it would be just great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
            Well I fixed it. I had copied the ini file, but I hadn't copied the rest of the artwork, so the game didn't know where to look for the graphics. Gramphos, if you could look into why Civ3CopyTool is copying Settler data instead of Army, it would be just great.
            I think that is a result of not knowing what folder to copy (as there are no gloder named sole army, and in that case it is fixed.)

I'll be out of town for 36 hours starting now.

Comment

• I need to know how to download this tool, cause I've tried every link on this thread without any result. I really NEED this, I've been editting since Colonization. I've editted Civ 2, Warcraft 2, even PC Football. I Think I enjoy better creating than playing. And Civ 3 built-in editor is SO limited... You can't even create scenarios as you did qith Civ 2!I guess I'm missing some stupid detail, but I can't wait till I found it out. Please...
              Thanks
              His Majesty the Emperor Augusto I

Comment

• Try at Civfanatics'

Comment

• How long should I wait before realasing C3MT?

Right now I'm able to move cities, but the production doesn't update until the city changes size. (The same is for when you move a citizen)

To actually make a calculation for production is hard, as you need to know the corruption formula, so that will have t wait. I could release it soon if wanted, otherwise I'd start on something else, and will not be able to get it out this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                    To actually make a calculation for production is hard, as you need to know the corruption formula, so that will have t wait. I could release it soon if wanted, otherwise I'd start on something else, and will not be able to get it out this weekend.
                    I'm not sure if you know where the data is saved, but if you do you could put the city to max food storage and reduce it's population by 1 (assuming the city has more than 1 population).

So as long as it was gaining food next turn it would increase in population and thus reset the production (and I assume commerce also).

Though that may actually be alot harder than it sounds.

If so I'd think you should just go ahead and release it
                    Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plutarck

I'm not sure if you know where the data is saved, but if you do you could put the city to max food storage and reduce it's population by 1 (assuming the city has more than 1 population).

So as long as it was gaining food next turn it would increase in population and thus reset the production (and I assume commerce also).

Though that may actually be alot harder than it sounds.

If so I'd think you should just go ahead and release it
                      Killing citizens is possible, but definately not a good solution, as the nationality will reset.

Comment

• Any chance of a release today??

Gramphos: Any chance of a release today?

I use C3CT a lot, and I am anxious to see what wonders you have worked with C3MT.

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Re: Any chance of a release today??

Originally posted by Asmodean
                          Gramphos: Any chance of a release today?

I use C3CT a lot, and I am anxious to see what wonders you have worked with C3MT.

Asmodean
                          Maybe. It does work now, and the testers havent complained on anything, but it is still the Citizen problem. And some parts have changed since the Beta was sent out, so I don't know If I should make it tested, I guess I will.

Comment

• Hey Gramphos

My Army copies are working nicely, but there's a small bug I thought I'd tell you about. In the screen that pops up when the Army is active, it normally shows an icon of the Army itself, plus all of the units inside of it.
                            Well my copies only show a single unit regadless of how many are inside, and instead of the Army icon, I get a tiny little box with a blue "x" in it. If I click on the x, the game will crash. Otherwise they're working the way they're supposed to.

Another thing, as I enter various Eras some of the icons in the build list disappear. With the Middle Ages, my Army icon goes, and now in Industrial, my Settler and Worker icons are gone. Not a big deal but I thought I'd tell you, in case you didn't already know about it.

Comment

• Re: Hey Gramphos

Originally posted by Willem
                              My Army copies are working nicely, but there's a small bug I thought I'd tell you about. In the screen that pops up when the Army is active, it normally shows an icon of the Army itself, plus all of the units inside of it.
                              Well my copies only show a single unit regadless of how many are inside, and instead of the Army icon, I get a tiny little box with a blue "x" in it. If I click on the x, the game will crash. Otherwise they're working the way they're supposed to.

Another thing, as I enter various Eras some of the icons in the build list disappear. With the Middle Ages, my Army icon goes, and now in Industrial, my Settler and Worker icons are gone. Not a big deal but I thought I'd tell you, in case you didn't already know about it.
                              Strange. Well it is how things work with the game, and I've not had very mush time investigating sush things in the last week. Anyway, I've decided to post C3MT today. As far as I am. I'll just add an option to enable untested stuff.

Comment

• C3MT ready

v0.83
                                - The tool was renamed to Civ3MultiTool
                                - The default startup now starts a main menu
                                - New flags added to automaticly start the CopyTool
                                - Unitis with ERA-specific graphics are now copied right
                                - The city editing now shows the units in the city
                                - In the unit tab, cities can now be selected to quick move a unit to a specific coordinate.
                                - Bug when the last line of INI-files fell out on copy fixed
                                - Citizens can be added/removed from cities
                                - Cities can be moved (no calculation of production is made)
                                - Civilization frame has been disabled by default to aviod questions on it

76 downloads
                                Last edited by Gramphos; February 4, 2002, 08:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X