Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v0.82.02

Fixes the known bugs.

90 downloads
    Last edited by Gramphos; January 18, 2002, 11:18.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I just tried your latest files and I get this error message:

Run Time Error 5
      Invalid procedure call or argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
        I just tried your latest files and I get this error message:

Run Time Error 5
        Invalid procedure call or argument.
        Okay, what did you do?

(In what part of the tool is that?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Okay, what did you do?

(In what part of the tool is that?)
          Well all I did was extract the files, added those (VB runtime?/OCX) files you tell me the program needs, then double clicked the icon. The error message came up instead of the program.

Comment

Well all I did was extract the files, added those (VB runtime?/OCX) files you tell me the program needs, then double clicked the icon. The error message came up instead of the program.
            Have you used any earlier versions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Have you used any earlier versions?
              I mentioned to you before that version .80 has been giving me trouble by screwing up my .bic file. The only way I can keep the graphics from scrambling in CivEdit, and then having it crash shortly after, is to load it first, then load the Civ3mod.bic file. But when I do that, the only field entries I get is in Improvements/Wonders, and all they say is "New Building".

I tried your latest one hoping that it solved the problem but it doesn't even load up. So I guess that would be a yes.

Comment

• What OS do you use?

Comment

• Gramphos: I think I found a bug in the CopyTool that causes the game to crash during era transitions.

It might have happened in some other unknown way, but the bottom of pediaicons.txt seems to get chopped off, removing the whole erasplash section. While you're checking it, make sure the CopyTool properly "counts" and handles the wonder splash entrys, as I think it may garble them up a bit.

Everyone should check their pediaicons.txt and see if it has the following entry at the bottom (if it doesn't, change it so it does)

################################################## ##############
                  #Era splash art begin
                  #ERA_SPLASH_ERA_0
                  art\erasplash\ancient.pcx
                  art\erasplash\medival.pcx
                  #ERA_SPLASH_ERA_1
                  art\erasplash\medival.pcx
                  art\erasplash\indust.pcx
                  #ERA_SPLASH_ERA_2
                  art\erasplash\indust.pcx
                  art\erasplash\modern.pcx
                  #ERA_SPLASH_ERA_3
                  art\erasplash\modern.pcx
                  art\erasplash\modern.pcx
                  Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plutarck
                    Gramphos: I think I found a bug in the CopyTool that causes the game to crash during era transitions.

It might have happened in some other unknown way, but the bottom of pediaicons.txt seems to get chopped off, removing the whole erasplash section. While you're checking it, make sure the CopyTool properly "counts" and handles the wonder splash entrys, as I think it may garble them up a bit.
                    I fixed that bug a while ago. It should be in the version history.

Comment

• Oh, well in that case...err...carry on then.

Good work

Comment

• v0.82.1

This version can generate CPT-files. (sort of)

It doesn't place any civs in them, but it calculates the sight. (one of the most time requiring thing of making a CPF)
                        It still needs some work, but I don't have time for that right now, and as I don't have the game I can't check why one tile for Zululand on Marla's maps gets out of sight that should be in sight (according to my handmade CPF (but it might be incorrect)). Now I use only what I remembered about sight for this as I was by a computer without Civ3 for making it. If you figure out any other Sight calculation errors, please report them. When you do so, can you attach a zip with one screenshot of the correct sight and one of the incorrect (calculated) sight.

This version is not tested at all, but as far as I remember I didn't change anything. Oh, and by the way. I forgot to update the readme, so I'll not update the first post for this one.

21 downloads
                        Last edited by Gramphos; January 18, 2002, 11:19.

Comment

• Miniature Civ3 Utility?

I have an idea for c3ct, but perhaps it would best just be a mini-utility provided sepperately. I'd even do it myself, but I figured that it would be a really simple matter for you as you already know how to manipulate a .bic file, obviously, while I...don't. So here's what I was hoping on.

In making the LWC Mod, I often have to compare one unit to another, and due to added units ending up on the very bottom of the list, this is a bit of a hassle.

What I was hoping for is a selection box (with a scroll bar, like the one used for determining what civs have access to what units Civ3Edit, but it would be fine if it was the type of box where you can only select one at a time, since that would probably be less effort to code) filled with the units in a .bic file, with Up and Down buttons. You click the unit you want to move, then click the Up or Down buttons to have them appear where you want them to. Then when you're done you just click the Save button, and the .bic is saved with the alterations having been made.

Buildings are clearly too hard to do (what with the wonder splashes and xyz-buildings.pcx files), and I can't think of a reason why any of the other list-type boxes would need "organizing".

Of course the Settler and Worker (and maybe the scout, which is position 2) should probably be left in the 0 and 1 positions, but everything else seems totally changable without effecting any aspect of the game itself.

Yet being able to put things in the proper order (for instance, moving Marines and Paratroopers down in the list, and being able to put the 22 units I've added into their proper places) would be greatly helpful in the development process, while requiring little effort to create.

Heck, I think I'm going to try and put them in better order by hand right now, but for many reasons it would clearly be better to have a tool do it instead

Other than that, just an idea, either for C3CT itself, or a mini-tool

Comment

• Any thoughts yet as to why I'm getting a runtime 5 error when I try to start the program, or why version .80 was corrupting my Bic file? I'd really like to get that program working if I can.

Comment

• Re: Miniature Civ3 Utility?

Originally posted by Plutarck
                              What I was hoping for is a selection box (with a scroll bar, like the one used for determining what civs have access to what units Civ3Edit, but it would be fine if it was the type of box where you can only select one at a time, since that would probably be less effort to code) filled with the units in a .bic file, with Up and Down buttons. You click the unit you want to move, then click the Up or Down buttons to have them appear where you want them to. Then when you're done you just click the Save button, and the .bic is saved with the alterations having been made.
                              I'll check on the ability. The biggest problem is that all refeerenses to units would have to be changed. I can't program mush before I'm finished with some work for school with deadline on Monday. So you might have to wait.

Comment

Any thoughts yet as to why I'm getting a runtime 5 error when I try to start the program, or why version .80 was corrupting my Bic file? I'd really like to get that program working if I can.
                                What version do you use right now?

Do you have a C3CT.log in the directory of C3CT?
                                If so can you attach it (renamed to .txt)?

Comment

Working...
                                X