Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v0.75.8

So, I found some errors with the Filter as well.
    - The check for valid coordinates from the filter has been removed.
    - The item you select from an empty list is now the selected item when you have selected it as well.

55 downloads
    Last edited by Gramphos; December 2, 2001, 18:33.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Here is the fixed SAV.

I fixed the SAV as well.

I changed two settlers to workers (One at something,99 and the other at something,1)

Do you know what happens when they try to build a city at the edges of the map?
      Attached Files

Comment

• GRAMPHOS GOD OF SWEDEN :-)

Okay all works fine, could continue my race to space flight ... thanks a lot, maybe you should work at firaxis instead of that unprofessional guys or should I use another word for that scrap programming skills of some of the firaxis team.

HEY FIRAXIS PAY GRAMPHOS SOME MONEY OR AT LEAST BUY HIS TOOL FOR THE UPDATE !!!

Once again thx for the work ... with respect ALEX (also real name :-)

Comment

• Bye the way, the strange thing is, that sometimes it works to build a city at the edge of the map (See save game) But as you could see this cities even didn't have any names ... maybe I should NUKE them away :-) ... I save every time, before I do the next turn and I always play as long until I get the ERROR from the Operating system and the game crashes to the desktop. Then I use your tool to change all settlers to workers, that's it :-)
          THX a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by Tzar Alex III.
            Bye the way, the strange thing is, that sometimes it works to build a city at the edge of the map (See save game) But as you could see this cities even didn't have any names ... maybe I should NUKE them away :-) ... I save every time, before I do the next turn and I always play as long until I get the ERROR from the Operating system and the game crashes to the desktop. Then I use your tool to change all settlers to workers, that's it :-)
            THX a lot
            What if you modify the rules while playing that game to not allow the AI CIVS to build settlers?

Comment

• I've added this text file that gives some basic locations in the various text file that each
              race uses (diplomacy dialogues). Also included is where the various art files are located.

The only thing that I can't figure out is why the picture in the "foreign Minister" window never appears.

Hopefully this is useful. I was going to clean it up a bit but I use @home which may disconnect (bankrupt) at any minute.
              Attached Files

Comment

• You shouldn't have to worry about @home disconnecting you anymore... from their website (corporate press release), they've entered into preliminary agreement for AT&T to purchase their service and don't anticipate disconnecting anyone... just figured I'd pass this along.

Comment

• v0.76

- Units can now (hopefully) be added to savegames.
                  - Lockup bugs when load failed taken out
                  - All controls are now locked when no file is loaded (Also if I forget to gray one) to prevent some really bad bugs.
                  - The Map and FOW functions have been slightly improved to not miss some cases of FOW

Out after 60 downloads
                  Last edited by Gramphos; December 4, 2001, 08:33.

Comment

• Gramphos:

Found a bug for you on that newest version

Run-time error '32755', which makes the tool die and have to be restarted.

To make it:

-Open tool.
                    -Open a .BIC with no map in it.
                    -Click the File Contains No Map "button", then choose Import Map.
                    -Click Cancel on the screen and the error will appear.
                    -Click OK and the program is terminated.
                    Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plutarck
                      Gramphos:

Found a bug for you on that newest version

Run-time error '32755', which makes the tool die and have to be restarted.

To make it:

-Open tool.
                      -Open a .BIC with no map in it.
                      -Click the File Contains No Map "button", then choose Import Map.
                      -Click Cancel on the screen and the error will appear.
                      -Click OK and the program is terminated.
                      Runtime Error 32755, Cancel was selected. Must have forgot some error handling . Will deal with it for the next version.

Comment

• I found some other errors with the MapFunctions. I'll deal with them as well. Until then I don't recomend use of Import or Remove Map.

Comment

• I was just reminded of a feature I thought up for the CopyTool.

You'll have to tell me if this is possible as I haven't seen any documentation for the .sav format, but I was wondering.

You know how if you change the .bic file in certain ways (like add a new improvement, etc) you can't load your old saved games? Is there any way a feature could be added where you choose a saved game and a .bic file, and the CopyTool will strip out the information from the old .bic in the .sav and replace it with the info from the new .bic. Thus you could make a change in a BIC and still be able to play your old saved games.

I imagine some major changes obviously would make it impossible (like deleting a unit which has already been built in the game), but I would think minor changes wouldn't make it impossible.

It would be really nice if just for testing mods, but it'd be nice for when people upgrade to new versions.
                          Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• v0.76.1

I've fixed it now.

7 downloads
                            Last edited by Gramphos; December 4, 2001, 14:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plutarck
                              I was just reminded of a feature I thought up for the CopyTool.

You'll have to tell me if this is possible as I haven't seen any documentation for the .sav format, but I was wondering.

You know how if you change the .bic file in certain ways (like add a new improvement, etc) you can't load your old saved games? Is there any way a feature could be added where you choose a saved game and a .bic file, and the CopyTool will strip out the information from the old .bic in the .sav and replace it with the info from the new .bic. Thus you could make a change in a BIC and still be able to play your old saved games.

I imagine some major changes obviously would make it impossible (like deleting a unit which has already been built in the game), but I would think minor changes wouldn't make it impossible.

It would be really nice if just for testing mods, but it'd be nice for when people upgrade to new versions.
                              I don't know exactly what makes it impossible to play some SAVs with certain modifications. I know that units changes can be Fatal, but Other stuff I don't know mush about. I think it is something saved in the sections of the SAV that I've only looked brief on. When playing with custom rules (not replacing civ3mod.bic the rules are saved in the SAV)

I might look into it, but I'll most likely wait until after the patch to decide what to do with my tool.

Comment

• v0.77

Now can Maps be exported (partly) from the SAVs.
                                Rivers are not exported, and I do not recommend to play on the maps, as there still are some unknown fields. They can however be opened in the Editor, so that you can get the coordinates to move units to in random map games.

Huts can also be removed.

5 downloads
                                Last edited by Gramphos; December 4, 2001, 18:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X