Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreifels,
    if you still have problem with the memory, you can try this version (just a later build no (big) changes)

The only difference you should notice is that you can run the exe with "/sge" as a parameter to not load everything needed for the CopyTool, but start the SaveGameEditor included directly.

And I renamed the ZIP just for you.

edited out after 7 downloads
    Last edited by Gramphos; November 24, 2001, 18:10.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• v0.72

I've now finished a filter system that will make it easier to find the unit you want to edit. You can select to view all Japanese Workers owned by the Zululand if you want to.

out after 37 downloads.
      Last edited by Gramphos; November 25, 2001, 17:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

What you need is the vb-runtime. They are 4 zipped files in the attachment limit, and I don't like to post them again. I've posted them at civfanatics. You can get them there. If more people experience this I might make a vbruntime setup and mail to Markos, but I'm not posting them here.
        I have the same problem. Yes, I downloaded the vbruntime. It didn't help.
        Tremble, foolish mortal, for I am the mighty SPEARMAN, and I shall destroy you where you stand!

Comment

• vb runtime

I installed the vb runtime, then scoured the internet for comdlg32.ocx. I'm using civ3copytool 72 in win2k. It doesn't work. It used to say "missing comdlg32.ocx". I installed it. Now it just says "unexpected error".

What is going on? I'm a vb programmer myself, and I can't imagine what could possibly go wrong with such a small program that it won't even load. Especially since so many people have no trouble with it.

Could you just give me the source code?
          Last edited by Kenjura; November 25, 2001, 02:57.
          Tremble, foolish mortal, for I am the mighty SPEARMAN, and I shall destroy you where you stand!

Comment

• Oh, lordy. Those VB OCXs. More often than not, it's a version conflict with the control. Check out this link. Hope it helps.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

• v0.73

Small noticeable changes, larger changes in the code.
              The difficulty level can now be changed in a game. (Is that game you are playing to easy? Increase the level in mid-time)

For all that have problem with Unexpected errors or missing OCX:
              These are the two OCX-files used right now. Extract the cabs and right click and select install on the inf.

File removed after 30 downloads
              Last edited by Gramphos; November 26, 2001, 10:34.

Comment

• Comment

• Now everything works fine. But please tell me: I wanted to apply changes in a World Map and I was told "no file loaded or map only" How can I make changes work for that map?
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• have the latest version (.73), using an modified bic file and i get an error of: Civ3 ResCopy Unknown section: | after WMAP
                    Arg-ha Lardgoa

Comment

• Originally posted by argha
                      have the latest version (.73), using an modified bic file and i get an error of: Civ3 ResCopy Unknown section: | after WMAP
                      Post the BIC you try to load. That error is instead of the lockup when the game tried to read all unknown sections as a default section. It is most likely that the WMAP section is read in the wrong way for that particular BIC, and a change that you have done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                        Now everything works fine. But please tell me: I wanted to apply changes in a World Map and I was told "no file loaded or map only" How can I make changes work for that map?
                        The worldmaps uses the default rules (civ3mod.bic). If you want to play on the worldmap with modified rules you either have to import it to a file with rules, load it in the editor and remove default rules or modify the civ3mod.bic with the rules and start the map as usual. I suggest the later as it wouldn't mess the tech tree as the others would do.

Comment

• argha,
                          I have changed the WMAP-section to be read as variable length. Tell me if this works. (If so I still want the BIC to be able to figure out more about the format)

File gone after 30 downloads.
                          Last edited by Gramphos; November 26, 2001, 16:02.

Comment

• what this is? Got it again, now at 1275 just when the medium table research had done all.

CIVILIZATION3 verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige Seite
                            in Modul CIVILIZATION3.EXE bei 017f:0051ec9e.
                            Register:
                            EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=0051ec9e EFLGS=00010212
                            EBX=00000025 SS=0187 ESP=00aafca8 EBP=ffffffff
                            ECX=0000000d DS=0187 ESI=0386ea00 FS=113f
                            EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
                            Bytes bei CS:EIP:
                            8b 17 6a 01 8b cf ff 52 54 8b c7 5f 5e 5d c2 08
                            Stapelwerte:
                            00000031 0386ea00 0000004a 0044b64a 005d065c ffffffff ffffffff 0386ea00 ffffffff 00000000 00000050 000000bc 000000bc 00df6b30 000f4255 0000004a
                            http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                            http://civ3.2be.cc/
                            http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• If I try to load the
                              satya's world map v4.3.bic
                              with your latest c3ct0-73-1
                              then I get w small window "no file loaded or map only"
                              seems your tool can't load that map.

same happens if I try to load
                              ZEB's Earth (Huge).bic
                              http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                              http://civ3.2be.cc/
                              http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreifels
                                If I try to load the
                                satya's world map v4.3.bic
                                with your latest c3ct0-73-1
                                then I get w small window "no file loaded or map only"
                                seems your tool can't load that map.

same happens if I try to load
                                ZEB's Earth (Huge).bic
                                The file is map only, and nothing can be copied anyway. What did you intend to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X