MOD: new government, modified Civlopedia, and an additional Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: new government, modified Civlopedia, and an additional Building

Ok well this is probably the first mod that does anything...Just made it to start testing out what kind of obstacles exist that are going to be run into in making new mods. Nothing special not really meant for play rather as a template for others who wish to add stuff.

This Mod adds the Goverment Type CityState, with appropriate Civlopedia Entries (merely functional ones) and Adds a new Building slot filled by the Building: The Forum, a building that can only be built under CityState governments. For the stats on either one check out their entries in the editor, or the civilopedia.

How to Install...
    Unzip CityState.bic into the civ directory
    Overwrite the civilopedia.txt file with the file in the zip (the civiliopedia is in the text directory)
    there is a file in the zip named "copy of civilopedia.txt" that is the original civilopedia in case you forgot to back yours up.

How to play...
    Select Load scenario from the main menu
    a dialog box will open asking if you want to customize...be sure to select customize.
    Attached Files

...and Just in case you want your original civilopedia back and you forgot to back it up....
    Attached Files

Comment

I'd like to know what both of these do before I download. Please explain.
      "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
      "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
      "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Originally posted by Christantine The Great
        I'd like to know what both of these do before I download. Please explain.
        The first file is the actual mod. It is contains all the original stuff + Citystate Government and Forum Building.

According to the included Civilopedia:
        CityState Government:
        - 100% Worker effectivity
        - No hurry
        - Rampant Corruption/Waste
        - Darftrate 1
        - Military Police Limit 0
        - Unit Support: 1 for each town city and metropolis

Forum:
        - Can only be built under citystate
        - Lowers corruption
        - Increase happy faces and research
        - 3 culture per turn

The second file is only needed if you forget to backup your civilopedia. It is the original civilopedia that followed the game.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I can't seem to post a new thread...

I created a new map from CivII using my Advanced MapUtility... NorthAmerica.bix...
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X