Game can't see the CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game can't see the CD

I installed the game (typical install). That went fine, but when i try to run the game it shows the loading screen, but then it says "eject and insert your Civ3 CD, click ok and try again". Well i do that and it says the same thing...my CD rom is a CD-RW drive...i think it's 8x readable, and it is external. any ideas?
    i want to play! grrr

-Jason

That is normally happennig with PIRATED versions of the game.
    In that case NO-CD crack (probably on the same CD, if not look at the web) will do the trick.

Comment

Re: Game can't see the CD

Originally posted by dudemanjack
      I installed the game (typical install). That went fine, but when i try to run the game it shows the loading screen, but then it says "eject and insert your Civ3 CD, click ok and try again". Well i do that and it says the same thing...my CD rom is a CD-RW drive...i think it's 8x readable, and it is external. any ideas?
      i want to play! grrr

-Jason
      if you pirated that game, it's alrite with me, but i hope you will keep such thing private.
      ==========================
      www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

It is strage, someone actually gets pirated game, and doesn't know how to install it.

Comment

In the defense of the 'dude, it's not uncommon for copy protection to choke on external drives. In which case the fix is the same no-cd crack as if it was pirated.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Now, now, don't go chasing after him like that

Actually I think Civ3 is protected by SafeDisc 2, and one of the "features" of SafeDisc 2 is that you can't play the game, even with the original CD in a CD-R(w) drive So it will only play from a regular CD-ROM drive! Kinda sucks i'd say.
            --
            Elrond

Comment

bah...i guess my "pirated" version of the game comes with a nice tin and a copy of risk...well, at least risk works. always liked that board game

Comment

Originally posted by elrond1999
                Now, now, don't go chasing after him like that

Actually I think Civ3 is protected by SafeDisc 2, and one of the "features" of SafeDisc 2 is that you can't play the game, even with the original CD in a CD-R(w) drive So it will only play from a regular CD-ROM drive! Kinda sucks i'd say.

The original works fine in my CD-RW and in my DVD drive so I dont think thats the problem.
                The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                X