i can't believe it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i can't believe it !

i've not Civ3 (french) but what i read here was unbelievable !
    -no scenarios ?
    -no "flat world" ?
    -no "event.txt" ?
    -no city editor ?
    IS THAT TRUE ?
    What sort of version of Civ3 did they sell ?
    Civ3 Halloween Edition ?

I can't believe it !!! !!!

Maybe we paid $50 for a DEMO
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

You see, it was supposed be the April Fools edition but the programmers ran late.

Comment

Re: i can't believe it !

Originally posted by Eyn
        i've not Civ3 (french) but what i read here was unbelievable !
        -no scenarios ?
        -no "flat world" ?
        -no "event.txt" ?
        -no city editor ?
        IS THAT TRUE ?
        What sort of version of Civ3 did they sell ?
        Civ3 Halloween Edition ?

I can't believe it !!! !!!
        I agree. I'm serisouly considering cancelling my order and waiting for Firaxis to ship a fully editable CIV 3. One of Civ 1 and 2'strengths is that they were editable without too much difficulty, and I excepted the same edibility within Civ 3. The editor was suppose to make even easier in my opinion.

Comment

Civ1 wasn't editable at all. They only managed to do it through some hard core hacking. The "customization" concept was introduced with Civ2.
          The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
          Kaplak Stream

Comment

i don't understand why they couldn't have introduced at least a rudimentary editor. if, as it seems, they just ripped off the alpha centauri engine, why couldn't they just also rip off the alpha centauri editor?
            "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Now we know why it was released on Mischief Night.
              Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Originally posted by hardjoy
                Civ1 wasn't editable at all. They only managed to do it through some hard core hacking. The "customization" concept was introduced with Civ2.
                Actually Civ1 was quite customizable. You could change nearly all the game text's, even the civilopedia. There were some good DOS utilities available for Civ1 for unit editing and mapmaking. Of course you had to access to some decent BBS's to get those.
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

From what I'm now starting to read in other threads, it's beginning to look like that Firaxis rushed Civ 3 out the door, and the editing tools were sacrificed in the process. I hope that any patches and upgrades are not anonther corprate attempt to divorce more money from our already deflating wallets. I was promised a good editor, and I expect the patch to be free once it becomes available.

Comment

Working...
                  X