World Maps Needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Maps Needed...

The included world maps are very bad. We need new big historical ones with England and resources at the right locations.

Anyone out there working on this?

/Mathias

can u post a screen shot of the huge world map?
    " I give you all my chocholate, I give you my Kit Kat, but when you got a tic-tac, you never give me back! " - Why you so like tat

Comment

can u post a screen shot of the huge world map?
      I haven had the game yet so I dun know what u mean..
      Thanks !!
      " I give you all my chocholate, I give you my Kit Kat, but when you got a tic-tac, you never give me back! " - Why you so like tat

Comment

Umm. Don't see how. the editor doesn't have a mini map.

And I haven't even finished a game yet. still warming up.
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Yes, i'd work on it myself, but i don't have it yet. Anyone else close to making one yet???
          "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo
            Umm. Don't see how. the editor doesn't have a mini map.

And I haven't even finished a game yet. still warming up.
            sorry don't quite understand what u mean,....what I meant was a screenshot, unless u weren't replying to me then in that case i think u meant the editor doesn't support map editing....
            anyhow, howabout using the printscrn function to post a world map ingame screenshot for us?

Comment

Theres plenty of world map screen shots in the general forum. Have a look there.
              "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

Since the earth Map bites. i copied the earth civ2 map

well it took me till 3 in the morning but I managed to completely convert the old Huge map from Civ2 so you can use it with Civ 3. You may want to edit where the recources are on the map, since i kinda guessed where to put them, i left out the player starting locations since you cant put Civs where you want them anyway.
                Attached Files
                "How can you shoot women and children?"
                "Easy! You just don't lead 'em as much!
                Ain't war hell?"
                - Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Re: Since the earth Map bites. i copied the earth civ2 map

Bravo! Amazingly fast.

I'm sure some people will criticize and/or try to improve on it, but it's clearly lightyears ahead of the initial Firaxis effort.

I won't be able to resist a few changes myself, but it's a great starting point. Give yourself bonus points for being first.

FYI, the Start Locations do control where civs start, it's just that they are randomized among the specified starting locations...so the Aztecs are just as likely to start in Greece as Mexico.

Comment

eventually, however, you will reach a point where chance determines that you do eventually get to all historic starting locations! Even if this may take 2.092279 * 10^13 times to get there… YES!

Or you could set two starting locations, one for babylonians and one for aztecs. Then you start with aztecs and babylonians as being the only civs and you have a 50% chance of getting historical placement!

Firaxis, would it have been that hard to simply include historic starting locations to begin with??? They're my raison d'etre.
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                    X