You can't choose Civ Starting locations in Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't choose Civ Starting locations in Editor

As far as I can see, there is no way to select what civ starts where when making your own map. You can only set a generic "player start" location. I'm hoping I am wrong here, but I looked at every option.

This renders scenario-making impossible. If you can't even set where the civ you want starts, or even which civs are in the scenario, isn't that rather pointless?

There doesn't seem to be any real scenario making tools, other than a "Intro" description. You can't edit the techs of civs or give them cities/units/etc. to start with.

Since there is little documentation on the Editor, I may be wrong on these points, but it seems to me that's how it is. Otherwise the game is terrific, but this seems to be a glaring flaw.

Cheers.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

I believe i heard someone state that firaxis decided that they didn't want to delay the game because of the incomplete editor. And that they would release a improved editor in a patch later.

Comment

Ok, according to other posters, Firaxis is already working on a patch to finish the editor. Eventually we will be able to place civs, etc. Apparently they felt they should release the game and worry about optimizing the editor later. This makes me feel muuuuuuch better.

Still, we all need to keep on them!

Cheers.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Is this rumor or not?

I'm wondering if this mention of firaxis improving the editor is just rumor, or if there's something behind it. I REALLY hope it's true, that they are working on it... I bought the game, and was sorely disappointed--not with the game, just with the fact that I was planning to play my first game on the Earth Map, then I realized that it sucked a lot, then I realized I can't even start where I would normally...

Comment

Me too!!!The editor sucks right now.
          "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

Working...
          X