Editor question on Civilizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor question on Civilizations

For all those of you who already have the game: can you ADD new civilizations or you can only EDIT existing ones? This is because i see no "NEW" button in the Civilizations tab in the editor screenshot...

Other question: can you save your editing profiles and load it in the game? In civilization 2 i have many rules.txt renamed around my HD. So if i want to play with the original rules, i must copy the original rules.txt and replace the "hecked" one.

Thanks for your time.

You cannot add new civs.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I believe it is possible to add Civs. I'll add that part to my program and hope that someone will test it. I don't know how it will end up in the choose your civ screen, but somebody has to test it.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Here it goes. Can anyone with the game test it and see if it allows you to add more civs.
        Last edited by Gramphos; October 31, 2001, 15:29.

Comment

I found a bug. New file posted. I'll edit out the old soon.

A never version of civ3copytool can be found here
          Last edited by Gramphos; October 31, 2001, 18:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            I found a bug. New file posted. I'll edit out the old soon.

A never version of civ3copytool can be found here
            Sounds Cool. Hope you can break the limits impose. (number of civs, units, techs, eras, map size, etc.)

keep on good work

Comment

Originally posted by Nuctemeronn
              Sounds Cool. Hope you can break the limits impose. (number of civs, units, techs, eras, map size, etc.)

keep on good work
              I don't know if the game supports to add civs and eras. The testers I've spoken with said that eras and civs both showed up in the editor, but eras didn't show up in the game, and civs made a playersetup screen to crash. (I believe the couldn't set the text of a 17th radio button.)

I'll look into both this when I have the game myself. Until then I leave it for people who want to experiment, but I don't know if it even is possible to add civs without causing the game to crash.

Comment

Working...
              X