No announcement yet.

food storage box problem; possible bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food storage box problem; possible bug?

I'm working on my civ, but something odd is happening in one of my cities. The food storage box is completely full with food, indicating that the city should be grow by 1 the next turn. But above it says "Growth in 9999 turns" The city is producing a net of +2 food per turn, so I turned a laborer into an entertainer (thereby losing 2 food per turn) and it changed to "No Growth." If I remove another worker, I go into Shortage. For some reason the city will not grow at all, and I can't figure out why.

I thought maybe I needed an improvement like an aqueduct to grow any more, but just remembered that I have 2 other cities larger than that one that only have temples and granaries in them.

Chris

You do indeed need an aqueduct. Your other cities which are bigger than that are located on a river - river cities don't need aqueducts to get to size 12.

Comment

You called it right. I had to wait until I had Construction, but once I built an aqueduct the city started growing again. I keep forgetting that rivers are between tiles now, not on them. My city border was right on a river.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X