Modern World Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern World Scenario

Finally with 16 civs we can more realistically portray various power blocs in the modern world.

So here's a rather old idea. Why not a scenario depicting today's world as accurately as possible.

Potential Civilizations:
    • United States and Israel
    • UK and Commonwealth
    • China and North Korea
    • Russia and Slavic neighbors
    • Western European NATO states (ie. NATO minus US, UK, and Canada)
    • Neutral European States (Switzerland, Sweden, Ireland, Austria, et al.)
    • Moderate Islamic Countries (Kuwait, Jordan, Bahrain, maybe Saudi Arabia, etc.)
    • Anti-Western Islamic Countries (Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Lybia - not Iran)
    • Iran and Southeast Asian Muslim nations - Iran cannot be in the same civ as Iraq or Afghanistan
    • Turkey, and Central Asian former Soviet Republics
    • India
    • Latin America
    • Africa can be divided somehow to reflect ongoing instability
    • East Asian democracies, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and others

That's fourteen, which leaves two more slots. Maybe two African civs, and then a general neutral civ. I'm sure it can be made better.

Before people cut up on me about the list, I basically just made it up on the spot to show what could be done. I'm curious if anybody else is interested. I can start working on it November 1st, when I get my copy from Amazon.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Re: Modern World Scenario

Originally posted by Felch X
    Why not a scenario depicting today's world as accurately as possible.
    Why not? I'll tell you why not.

BECAUSE THE EDITOR IS AN UNBELIEVABLY WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP!!!! That's why not!

You can't place cities, you can't place units, and you can't even place civs in specific starting locations!!!! This is so freaking unbelievable, I could just scream!!!!
    Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Damn, why the hell would Firaxis make a blunder like that?
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Here's a pretty exhaustive thread on the subject... You might want to bump that thread instead of starting a whole new one.

Comment

Working...
        X