Loading Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Problem

OK, I'm at wit's end. I've been struglling with this game for 4 hours, reinstalled it three times, udpated my video card driver, changed internal settings and so forth.

My problem is that when I try to start the game, it seems like its loading for a while, then dies, and is stuck forever, showing the Civ3 logo screen. I've rebooted after installing, and set the resolution up to 1024 x 768. What else is going wrong? How can I get this game to run?

Specs:

Pentium 3 667
    256 megs of RAM
    NIVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64

I'm running the game off my only functional CD-ROM drive, a 4x CD-ROM drive. Could anyone give me a hand with this problem? Thanks in advance.
    *grumbles about work*

Further experimentation has revealed that upon an unsuccessful attempt (21th) to load the game, I cannot access "My Computer" and the CD-Rom drive refuses to respond. Can anyone give me some help? Anyone?
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

ditto here

I am having the same trouble.

I have a DVD and and CD/RW. I think it has to do with my equipment/drivers though. After playing with the setup and switching the disc between the two I have I have been able to install and play the game.

As long as the OS recognise the Disc properly(sometimes it recognises it as music and loads the cd player) and I can see the individual files when i open the disc directory it will mostly work.

I am still looking into this.

I am not sure if it is a bad disc copy or my equipment

Comment

Could you explain how you managed to get it to work in more detail? It would be most helpful.
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
        X