Changing reseach rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing reseach rate

Changing the research rate does not seem to lower the amount to time it takes to research an advance.

I founded a town at the start of the game that had 3 income points. Reseaching the warrior code would take 30 turns (this is at the default rate). So I bump the spending to 2 and it still stayes at 30 turns. I bump it up to 3 and its still the same.

If im putting in 3 times the research shouldnt the time have gone down to 10? Later on in the game I see the effects of the sliders but not at the very start.

Anyone getting different?
    Last edited by Shiva; October 31, 2001, 01:18.
    The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Yeah, I have exactly the same peoblem, seems like theres no way to research the first item faster than in 32 turns....

Too bad noone else replied...

Lata
    Krait

Comment

I think the reason is simple: Early on, upping up your investment really represents such a smaller upping that it does later on. I mean, a $1 investment even if tripled only goes to $3. I think that's what's going on.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
      X