Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!! It Won't run(right) !!!!

my system specs are windows 2000 , pentium 2 350, 256 mb ram

32mb geforce 2 mx card, sound blaster awe 64 gold.

The problem i'm having is the game seems to run fine but when i reach the main menu the screen is scrambled like the refresh rate is to high. i also talked to my friend who also gotth egame todayand he was having the same problem only difference is he has a geforce 3

i think i have the most up to date drivers( 2.8.01 or something)

has anyone else had this problem or does anyone else know how to fix it? I tried 95/98 compatibility mode, screwing with my resolution

also i don't know the exact make and model of my monitor (its only about 2 -3 years old) but i did find out it can handle up to 75 hz refresh rate at 1024 x 768

any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Thans

If its only the font which is scrambled, the its probably cause your missing it. If its everything, well then i dont know.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I had the same problem running final fantasy 10 using an emulator.... I changed my graphics card and the problem is solved. I don't think it is due to your rez or refresh rate.

By the way I did not upgrade my card, I just went back to the store that sold it to me 2 years ago and changed for e exact same card no questions asked.

Don't blame me if its wrong, just tryin to help
      " I give you all my chocholate, I give you my Kit Kat, but when you got a tic-tac, you never give me back! " - Why you so like tat

Comment

damn it

now i gotta get a new vid card even tho this one is maybe a year old.

think it might be time to give up on computers for awhile hehe

my pockets don't go that deep anymore

Comment

Anther thread reports a conflict with the bigger NVIDA cards, they working on a patch for it.
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Read the thread "3 Technical problems in running Civ3." in this forum. Sounds like your having the same problem. I have a Voodoo 3 and am having the same problem.

Comment

My wife's computer has a Geforce 2 MX and her screen loses the signal after the movie has played. I'm lucky enough to have a very powerful 21" and seems to be able to handle the crazy refresh rate Civ3 tries to set the monitor to.

Comment

Have you tried looking at any config files in the games folder? usually .txt .ldl or .cfg All can be run in Notepad and easily modified. Look for anything to do with the fps or refresh rate and change it to a lower max maybe 60 hz. I've never actually had a game try and change my refresh rate before.
                Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Please check out my post in this thread:

There is a temporary refresh rate fix in there...

Best regards,

Dire

Comment

Working...
                  X