Can't alt-tab out of game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't alt-tab out of game

I have never had this problem with any other game until Civ3. These include Age of Kings, Diablo2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, to mention a few.

My system:

Dell 1GHZ P3
    GeForce2 GTS 32MB
    384 RAM
    Windows ME

I tried the "windows" button and the taskbar pops up but when I click something else minimized it just goes back to the game.

Well blow me down. I ran Norton Systemworks 2001 and had some sort of application error, repaired it and now it works. So never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
      I ran Norton Systemworks 2001 and had some sort of application error, repaired it and now it works. So never mind.
      Do you mind to give me some more detail? I had sometime similar trouble (with other programs) and I wonder if your case can give me some hint. I'll greatly appreciate your help. By Private Mail, if you think will be really OT.
      Thank you in advance.
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Unfortunately there is no log of the error that was discovered by the WinDoctor portion of Systemworks so I don't know what the exact error was.

I just ran the program and I chose the "let Norton pick best solution" to something like "missing application path?" - (and I'm pretty sure the file name had Civ3 somewhere in it), and then I exited the program and tried Civ 3 again.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
          Sorry I can't be of more help.
          No problem Thank you anyway.
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
          X