scrolling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scrolling problem

The game is essentially unplayable for me the way it's working now -- I move my cursor to a side of the screen, everything pauses for about 5+ seconds, then the screen moves a notch in the direction I'd indicated... (repeat to move another notch..) - Same ridiculously long pauses when I try to position units with the mouse -- And I'm fairly certain it ain't my system: P3-1000, GeForce 3 (21.88 drivers), 768mb ram (running WinXP)...

Any ideas about how to solve this problem?

Well, the Adrenaline Vault review said there were some delays, but not like you're experiencing...

Just being a standard Customer Service Idiot here, I'd try the following...

1. Go to the Graphics options and turn all the animations, etc., off.
    2. If the problem gets better, turn them on one by one and see which one is the bad boy

Also, try some different resolutions.

If this post was too basic, sorry...

Comment

Try turning off the animations for the other civs in the options/preferences box. This might help.

You have a very powerful system - and I only have a PII-350 - oh, boy. . .

Comment

Essentially same problem here.. screen scroll is about 1-2 second delay when scrolling (mind you it jumps pretty well when on AI move ?!) . Not quite a grandfather snail caught in molasses but not good either.

PII-450 Voodoo3 (its an oldie but a goodie)

will try w/o animations ..

Z
        "Capitalism is man exploiting man; communism is just the other way around."

Comment

*** WARNING ***

This IS, in fact, a bug. I'm running a very similar configuration to gggie's rig.

Athlon XP 1800+
          512MB DDR-RAM
          Geforce3 (tested on 21.83 through 22.50 Detonator drivers)
          Windows XP Pro

The problem is simple: Detonator drivers break the game.

I downgraded to the default Windows XP Microsoft drivers (drivers that ship OOTB) and the game scrolls like a jetski on turbo. Everything sped up. I was having the exact same problem...2-3 second pauses scrolling, and horrible jerking when trying to position units with the mouse. Downgrading to the defacto XP drivers fixed the problem.

Not sure what to advise for those of you running Nvidia products on an OS without default drivers, but I'm sticking with the MS drivers--in spite of the terrible performance hit to 3D games--until Nvidia and Firaxis get this fixed.

Comment

WOuld i have a problem with TNT2 8 mb video card?

Comment

I suspect only if you're running recent Detonator drivers. Try v21.83 or newer for yourself, but I'll bet you get the same result. Some are reporting older Detonator drivers work okay.

Hey MarBaS, I'm in Omaha too. Cool.

Comment

I dont want to buy the game and then it is messed up. That would be the benifit of a demo, so i could know. I havent updated my drivers in awhile though so who knows.

Where do you live in omaha?

Comment

Near Creighton, 31st & Davenport area.

Comment

Working...
                  X