Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new units are u looking forward to be created with the editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new units are u looking forward to be created with the editor?

I think each goverment, the ones included and the ones to be created with the editor should have a special unit with its own unique abilities. Lets say for example Facism gets the stormtrooper or facist unit. - democracy maybe navy seal. - Monarchy royal gaurd. - and communism special shock trooper or something. Just a few examples.
    "How must the man be constituted who will lead Germany back to her old heights?" The man, should be a dictator not averse to the use of slogans, street parades and demagoguery. He must be a man of the people yet have nothing in common with the mass. Like every great man, he must be "all personality," and one who"does not shrink from bloodshed. Great questions are always decided by blood and iron." To reach his goal, he must be prepared "to trample on his closest friends," dispense law "with terrible hardness" and deal with people and nations "with cautious and sensitive fingers" or if need be "trample on them with the boots of a grenadier." ---Rudolf Hess

A fascist dictator for one
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Interesting Idea. Wonder if you can do it? Can you tie a unit to which government you are using? I know it was like that with fundamentalism in Civ2, but does anyone know with Civ3?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea!
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

I'm thinking AT-AT walkers...
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I would like to add a basic elephant unit and a basic samurai unit for starters. For right now I'm not sure on what else, though, I'll have to wait and play the game first.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I'm going to make an attack sub, which take cares enemy subs and surface ships, and make the Nuclear Sub for missle launching purpose only. It will carry 5 nuclear missiles, have attack of 5 and defense of 30.
            ==========================
            www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

I'm going to make an attack sub, which take cares enemy subs and surface ships, and make the Nuclear Sub for missle launching purpose only. It will carry 5 nuclear missiles, have attack of 5 and defense of 30.
              That's what I'm going to do to, but not make the ICBM sub with that high of a defense. Currently, the most defense points belongs to the battleship at 24, so creating something with a defense of 30 would unbalance the game.

Comment

I'm going to make an attack sub,
                Sounds Cool! Should be able to launch cruise missiles too...and with more than the 1 cargo point that a sub in Civ3 currently has.

I think each goverment, the ones included and the ones to be created with the editor should have a special unit with its own unique abilities. Lets say for example Facism gets the stormtrooper or facist unit. - democracy maybe navy seal. - Monarchy royal gaurd. - and communism special shock trooper or something.
                Excellent idea...not sure if its possible...

But, an alternative that might work is to give each civ a UU based on its Civ attribute...

Religeous - Fundamentalist
                Commercial - Lawyer (like a spy, has the morals of one, but much more expensive)
                Industrial - Engineer
                and so forth...

remember that the scout is linked to a Civ attribute, so its possible.

Myself...

I'd like to see chemical weapons, at least in a WW1 scenario.

An hour or so back I was pondering about a train (having just read that Civ3 railtrack is good for +1 shield and unlimited travel
                yet again). I never liked that. I think a ground based transport vehicle (train) that will perhaps increase movement up to 3 or 4 would be a good model for moving units around your empire...you could perhaps have two types...steam and diesel/electric...with different speeds/capacities.

An elite SAS unit...definately an air unit, works in the same way as a bomber with bombardment and a range of operations (but cannot do other air unit things, such as air superiority etc)

I'm sure I'll think of some other things later.

Comment

I am interested in making some reasonable future units, or making specialized mods of existing units for each type of culture. For example, I heard that the helicopter in the game is only a transport, I want to make a gunship chopper - Apache, Hinds, etc. I don't know if bombers can carry long range missile weapons, so maybe a bomber that does just that.

I notice that some ancient units are kind of funny, like the samurai only captures early Japan where they are not yet mounted. There should be a form of mounted samurai (unless I haven't caught that info yet).

Some other units might include some futuristic sci fi stuff.

Comment

On the editor screenshot, there is a field for advanced barbarian type, with the default as a horseman. If it could be arranged so that whatever triggers the change from basic to advanced barbarian could be moved farther down the timeline, I think it would be cool to build a terrorist unit. It would be flagged to expire after use, like a cruise missile, and would have the ability to bombard. Therefore, it would damage/destroy a unit, a city improvement, or a population point and then be lost in the suicide attack. It would be cheap to build, so they could throw lots of 'em at you.

Alternately, if making terrorists out of late-game barbarians isn't feasible, perhaps the ability to design a fundamentalist-style government, and link the suicide bomber to that gov (if that's even possible.)

Comment

Replace some of the civ-specific units.
                      Iroquois Riders will be replaced with Native Scouts or something. Chinese unit will become Bannerman.
                      Samurai will be mounted and require horse.

Flesh out the naval units more, light carrier, PT Boat, Battlecruiser, super-battleship, super-carrier, man-o-war, early 20th century battleship, Torpedo Destroyer, possibly sea mines.

Civ Specific units for new civs:
                      Mameluke for Arabs
                      Varangarian for Byzantines
                      Hussar for Poles
                      Spanish Conquistador
                      Mongol horse-archer
                      Celts welsh archers.

How many units can the units.gif equivalent hold at one time??
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Well, I was really impressed by some artwork done by the Civ2 scenario designers at Scenario league forums. You just realize how cool it would be to have horse archers and legions made in Civ3. My list includes these + siege weapons, triremes and other ancient ships, warriors etc.

Comment

I think a green-beret or a navy SEAL would be cool, they could be hidden and destroy improvements in citys. A terrorist would cool too. I would love to take an Abrams to bin laden
                          Air Power

Comment

A communist Conscript...Cheap, but no maintence cause he is a volunteer

For the Union!

Comment

[broken record]

Will someone please make it a priority to create a new mountain terrain graphics or upload a file that has the mountains from any of the custom Civ2 modpacks copied and pasted into Civ3.

Thank you.

[/broken record]

Comment

Working...
                              X