We can't create new technologies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can't create new technologies?

We can only add ones. That means we can't go past sdi without cutting out the earliest techs. You can still make scenarios with differetn tech trees, but it seems to be annoying. Anone else agree?

I, personally, will still make my world war scenario with mechs crushing lizard landcruisers. But still, it's very annoying.

Wait untill you have it before claiming things like this as fact.

The editor for civ2 only allowed you to modify existing techs and units, but you could still add more by editing the files manually (all you had to do was cut and paste a bunch of dummy techs and you could modify them with the editor, if you found that easier to use)
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm just basing it on what the guy with the strat guide said
      Note: To said guy, sorry for forgetting your name. Continue to post info.

Comment

and what he said was that the guide implies that you can only modify techs with the editor. Hardly anything deffinate.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Firaxis said you could create and add governments; I don't see why techs would be different.

Comment

Aha!

OK, I finally found the proof that the the guide I have is BS (at least where the editor is concerned.) The guide says "This window allows you to edit the characteristics of the six government types." Clearly you're stuck at six. But in this government editor screenshot there's Add and Delete buttons:

So the editor more powerful than the guide indicates. I knew what I read wasn't right but I couldn't find the countering evidence--that's why I was trying to be ambiguous.

Comment

Firaxis also said that you could not edit without the editor (i.e. no text files in an easy to edit format). This is so the game would load quicker (what kind of lazy bastard ... ). So if you can't do it in the editor, it can't be done (at least until some enterprising player builds a rogue editor, and even then it might still not be possible).
              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
              X