No announcement yet.

help produce a scenario at 1 C.E.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Harlan's site. The address please?
    “If it had not been for the discontent of a few who had not been satisfied with their condition we would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.”
    --Eugene Debs

Comment

look under the China section.
      Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

Re: help produce a scenario at 1 C.E.

Originally posted by Mars

10) Olmec(Central America) - ?(?)
        I feel that I have to point this out.... At this point in time the olmec's should of have been assimilated by most of the other native tribes in there area. Also, the olmecs where african settlers, not native americans, making there representation as an american civ kinda off.

I have to say though, it's hard to find the right civs for the american continent since so little is known about the time... Someone wrote about the civ near lake titicaca: good reference/starting point. However I can say pick up one of those free mormom books. Lots of pictures in there about ancient americans - myth, but still it can inspire for UU's, cities, culture, etc.

Afterall, what will you have? One big conected continent: africa, eurasia, and america isolated (3 civs in america, rest in the old world)? The way the AI plays it won't take them so much time to get into the americas anyway.

just a few thoughts....

Comment

the olmecs where african settlers
          Where did you get that?
          I know those Olmec statues are kinda African-looking, but this african settler thing hasn't exactly been proven yet.

Afterall, what will you have? One big conected continent: africa, eurasia, and america isolated (3 civs in america, rest in the old world)? The way the AI plays it won't take them so much time to get into the americas anyway.
          well, we can't make it perfect. Civ3 can't perfectly simulate real world geography. It's kinda unrealistic, i know, but there really isn't anything we can do about it.
          Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

Originally posted by ranskaldan

Where did you get that?
            I know those Olmec statues are kinda African-looking, but this african settler thing hasn't exactly been proven yet.
            I got "that" from reading various materials at one point in time... It's true that this thing hasn't exactly been proven yet, however there is just alot of circumstantial evidence supporting that theory. When considering the facts, I side with my above post.

BTW, I had an idea for the Inuit's UU. The dog sleigh unit should be replaced by a inuit hunter. These "warriors" IRL would go out for a long time in the artic cold to get food. Also skins and furs... not very easy considering how cold it is in much of northern canada and alaska. I would give them an ADM of 1/3/1.

This would give the inuits, an early golden age and some good defenses incase the europeans decided to cross over.

Comment

Be careful about the Olmecs thing.... I believe not enough evidence has been found yet, or else the African origin of the Olmecs would have been the Theory of the Century or something, and overturn mostly everything in our current knowledge of African and American history. So, since it hasn't been proven, I wouldn't be so confident about it.

As for the Inuits, well, they'd be stuck in the tundras, and thus rather unplayable (by the human or the AI) so I'd probably pick another civ... I'll get back to this next time. But the Inuit Warriors thing would be a good idea, though we probably need another name.

Comment

Working...
              X