X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compile this into a Babylon glossary

Originally posted by Alanus
    Gramphos :

It would be a great idea to turn all the abbreviation list that you have already compiled here into a Babylon glossary.

If you don't have Babylon engine and dictionnaries on your PC, well download right now. It is a must
    You can download the Babylon builder utility for free and creating a new glossary is really simple - the source file is editable and you can copy-paste you existing list into it.

Note that there are already many glossaries on chatroom abbreviations available on Babylon (search "chatroom"), but none related to Civilization.
    As nobody seemed to be interested, I did one for me.

But, as I'm cute, I share it with you, including the source file for those who want to extend / improve it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alanus; May 29, 2002, 15:28.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum (9 mm)

Comment

• Alanus:
      if you can get the new list into a html-format like it is in the first post, or something prettier, i'll edit my post and put your list up.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemmy
        Alanus:
        if you can get the new list into a html-format like it is in the first post, or something prettier, i'll edit my post and put your list up.
        What I did was to capture one of the lists of this thread in HTML format and turn it into Babylon format, so that it can be read by Babylon translator. What I did is intended to be used with Babylon, not as stand-alone. And I will certainly not turn it back to HTML.

The source file in the .zip is an ASCII editable file, but under the Babylon glossary format, and can be read by Babylon Builder. All these tools can be downloaded on Babylon web site, at no charge.

Comment

• lol, ok, never mind then....but it would be easier to view the list without having to download anything
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemmy
            lol, ok, never mind then....but it would be easier to view the list without having to download anything
            My intent was to create a Babylon file, not an HTML file.

But you can edit the source file that I have posted and with a small number of iterations of Search/Replace you have the HTML file that you dream of (I suppose that you know the HTML syntax)

Comment

• What the frig is a Babylon file?
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                What the frig is a Babylon file?
                Listen guys, just read the messages and visit the indicated website http://www.babylon.com

Babylon is one of the most popular on-line translators, that can be used with any application thanks to Optical Character Recognition. Initially provided with English-to-other-languages dictionnaries, it has now been enriched by the community with glossaries on nearly any topic you can dream of.

Comment

• Babylon

Originally posted by Alanus

Listen guys, just read the messages and visit the indicated website http://www.babylon.com

Babylon is one of the most popular on-line translators, that can be used with any application thanks to Optical Character Recognition. Initially provided with English-to-other-languages dictionnaries, it has now been enriched by the community with glossaries on nearly any topic you can dream of.
                  yeah, sure, whatever. I'll run right out and add that.
                  KATN

Comment

• Doesn't have Finnish.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• H.G.S.

H.G.S. - Higher Game Syndrome
                      CiviPort

Comment

• Did you leave out AFK?

Comment

• AFK?

Comment

• Game related
                            HoMM AB -Heroes of might and magic Armagedons balde

Civ related
                            _________
                            OTAYC- Our troops approach your cities.
                            RYFODW- Remove your forces or declare WAR
                            ICBM - Intercontinental Balistic Missle

Computer related
                            money sqrt evil;
                            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

• BSOD - Blue Screen of Death!!!

And a game related:

CTD: Crash to Desktop (EU/2 people will know this one ).

Comment

• FWOABW=For want of a better word
                                BLL=Belly laugh

Comment

Working...
                                X