SAC = Smoke and Choke
    SAP = Spray and Pray
    CBC = Close Quarter Combat
    DL = Down Low
    KOS = Kill On Sight
    DOC = Drinking Olympics Champion
    PQC = Proffessional Quarters Championship
    Creator of: The Realism Epic Mod and Scipio Map Modification

"Donny your out of you element, Dude the China man is not the- Oh and Dude, China man is not the prefered nomenclature..." - Walter *The Big Lebowski

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanTim
      And 45 minutes later we have a complete list posted to this thread. So much for:
      Hehehe, no complaints though. gg

And gg stands for Good Going, correct?

I should add it
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• A.S.S. = American Space Ship or Aztec Space Ship

DP = Double Penetra... I mean Double Post.

Comment

• HWAAOMCUABMCAHOMPHBWO?

Hey, why are all of my cities under a mushroom cloud and half of my population has been wiped out?

Just kidding- made that up
          Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
          If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

• How does CBC = Close Quarter Combat?

ECS (Eternal China Syndrome) - So China was untouched for 6000 years? I guess that means that the Mongols and the Japanese were a couple nations passing through admiring the scenery? I seem to remember them historically being pushed around a lot.
            TitanTim

Comment

• Under General:

w/e - whatever
              jk - just kidding
              g2g - got to go

Granted, these are more for "chatting" but they might come in handy, IMHO.
              Frodo lives!

Comment

• SOTAAUAWNGUSWBLT

Some Of These Abbreviations Are Useless, And Would Never Get Used, So Why Bother Listing Them
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• 1. WGMATATS = We Get More A#% Than A Toilet Seat
                  2. KATN = Kick Ass Take Names
                  KATN

Comment

• OTOH?
                    Fitz. (n.) Old English
                    1. Child born out of wedlock.
                    2. Bastard.

Comment

• on the other hand

Comment

• Originally posted by skywalker
                        SMIGBIHTFEFACGCC3SIAGTBDTFB

Sid Meier is God but I hate the f*cking excuse for a Civilization game known as Civilization 3 so I am going to burn down the Firaxis building.

That one seems to be a popular theme around here.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Compile this into a Babylon glossary

Gramphos :

It would be a great idea to turn all the abbreviation list that you have already compiled here into a Babylon glossary.

If you don't have Babylon engine and dictionnaries on your PC, well download right now. It is a must
                          You can download the Babylon builder utility for free and creating a new glossary is really simple - the source file is editable and you can copy-paste you existing list into it.

IMO, I would help newbies and non (native) english speaking persons like me.

Note that there are already many glossaries on chatroom abbreviations available on Babylon (search "chatroom"), but none related to Civilization.
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum (9 mm)

Comment

• FM effin magic. often used in the "it works on the FM principle" sense
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

• These be the new ones.

AW = Awatar wars (highly flammable issue in the OT-forum. Don't try this at home, if you are not a professional)

OGF = old games forum (new forum in the civ-related games section)

OWG = own goal (something you say completely smashes your previous comment on the same subject)

and a person:
                              Og = Ogie Oglethorpe
                              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
                              X