Limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limitations

I would like to customize my civ 3 game but I was wondering how many civs, resources, buildings, units,wonders,leader heads,etc., the game would realistically accomodate.

iirc it depends on the version. In vanilla you can only have 16. In PTW 24 and in C3C you can have 31. It use to be you could only have 4096 units in C3 and PTW. I know they increased it to 9192 or something like that. I know there is a limit to resources and other things, but do not recall the values.

In the creation forum in CFC I have seen the numbers, but not sure how easy it would be to fine the info.

Comment

Building limit is 512 unique entries. Anything over that is ignored.

Unit limit can be upped using the no-raze version. You should note that this version also breaks the mechanism by which you can loot money when you take an enemy city.

If you plan to add lots of units then you could get 1 of two things:

1) Error message that says maximum number of hyperlinks exceeded. Hold and press return to key to clear. See Medieval Europe Mod.

2) Game crashes. See the AOI mod. There certain resources have had "do not click" pasted onto the civpedia images.

Both the above mods can be found on Civ Fanatics btw although AOI can get exceedingly tiresome moving raw materials around (I usually get bored with it sometime into the second era).

There is also a maximum number of cities which you can have on a map. 512 rings a bell but again according to a post over at Civfanatics there is an editor (Steph's?) which supposedly allows you to bypass that limit.

JATF

Comment

Working...
      X