Seems like an unusual strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like an unusual strategy

Current situation: Vanilla Civ3, me and two other civs remain, chieftan difficulty. One can make cavs (Romans) the other not (Aztechs), but both have riflemen. I have cav and infantry as my two main units.

So I've kinda been walking all over the Aztechs as they have been pretty resource-poor so far, no iron, horses, or saltpeter. The Romans are a different story and have rolled back my gains in their territory prior to me getting infantry (musketmen just can't hold off cavs very well).

One thought I've had for dealing with the Romans is, rather than coming in and trying to take and hold his cities, I might try a series of quick raids to destroy some of his more productive cities, thereby reducing his ability to crank out more units. Of course, now that I can make infantry, it's tempting to try the take and hold strategy again to see what I can do there. I'd be interested to hear thoughts on the "scorched earth"-type strategy. Have you tried it? Does it work? Or will he rebuild so quickly that it's not worth the effort?
    Last edited by snardo; May 24, 2011, 16:29. Reason: title change

You should be able to do either tactic, starve down their pop (unless you have plenty of lux).

Comment

Yah, you are absolutely right.

Comment

Working...
      X