play the world multiplayer not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• play the world multiplayer not working

I tried to start a hotseat game today and there are no drop boxes for all the setup options nor could I change any of the options boxes. tried a complete uninstall and reinstall a couple of times with the 1.27f patch at the end. has worked fine for years ?? have window xp.

Same

Originally posted by gorgor View Post
    I tried to start a hotseat game today and there are no drop boxes for all the setup options nor could I change any of the options boxes. tried a complete uninstall and reinstall a couple of times with the 1.27f patch at the end. has worked fine for years ?? have window xp.
    On the Civfanatics site some one had the problem but it was fixed when they unplugged their modem/router. And since it is happening with all multiplayer modes it would seem that there might be a connecting between network settings and this problem.
    Also it has been going on since 2003 or so I have seen from other posts so its probably not some virus. I though it could be Norton but I tried turning it off still the same. I'm thinking maybe Java. Any clues to hunt the problem down??

Comment

Come on 61 views and nobody wants to give some insight? Leave info here to tell about when this problem happened to you. what software you just installed before it happened, what changed on your computer?

Comment

Never used the multi-player option so can't really help I'm afraid.

You could try asking on Civfanatics.

Off the top of my head, you may want to check your firewall settings.

Hope you get a solution

JATF

Comment

Working...
        X