Looking for 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 16

I'm new to these forums and would like to expand my vanilla(?) version of Civ 3(the $9.99 version from Target). I would like the link or download itself to enbale 16 civs to play on the map all at once. Is this possible or am I misunderstanding what I have heard in other threads?
    Please help a newbie out. Thanks for helping alleviate the bordom.

Just start a new game and select huge. It defaults to 16. You will have 15 slots to be filled by opponents.

Comment

The Civ III expansion adds new Civilizations. You can play 16 civilizations on a map without the expansion but expansion adds new civilizations to choose from...

Comment

Yep you need to get at least Play the world to have more than 8 or Civ 3 Conquests for more than 16. My recomendation is to get Civ3 Complete that has all of the discs and patches included.
        * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
        * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
        * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
        * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

C3 you can have 16 and PTW can have 24 and C3C 32, but one is for the barbs. We had a 24 civ game here in one of the AU games way back when.

Comment

your right, its been too long, have been playing complete forever. Would rather just have them on separate but Firaxis no longer has the patches for CIV3 or PTW as far as I can tell. The patch for Conquests before the final one was the best (v1.20 IIRC)

Comment

Is it true, can you play more than 16 players in multiplayer? Or does that recuire some kindof modification?

If anyone wants to play with 20 civs on a Huge+ map, im in! I´ve been playing Civ III on and off for about 1,5 years now. I know the game pretty well to some extent, but i am in noway to be considered a "Master of Civilization as we know it"

Comment

possible but not recommended. A game with more than 5-6 players will take forever. I sure as heck wouldn't want to do it RTS; even a PBEM game would be painful with 20 civs.

Comment

I cannot speak to MP games, but I do not see why not in C3C. I played a bunch of 31 civ 250x250 SG's and they are brutal once you get into the middle age. Well these were AW, so they were brutal as soon as you have 4 or more enemies.

The main point in MP is to play fast, that is why they introduced AP, to speed up MP games.

Comment

mp means multiplayer but what does ap mean?

Comment

Accelerated Production. Twice the kick of normal settings

Comment

Working...
                      X