What Gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Gives?

When I purchased Civ 4 it said that in order to assure proper function of the game that I needed to remove Civ 3 why? Yes I do want my cake and eat it too! can someone tell me what gives?

No reason I know of as I have both installed. Are you on Vista?

Comment

What Gives 2

vmxa1: Thanks for the reply, no I'm using Windows XP. when I went to windows to upgrade my system they installed Vista and something called Steam on my hard drive. All of my Civ 4 games began to malfunction and stopped working all together. When I uninstalled Vista and Steam, everything went back to normal. So you have both games installed and you're having no difficulties?
      Last edited by miklos; February 6, 2009, 12:54.

Comment

Some are having issue on Vista and even a few rare ones on XP. If you need to put Vista back on, try http://forums.civfanatics.com/. They still have a fair number of active posters for II and IV.

You can expect a faster response.

Comment

I would uninstall all civ files before doing the upgrade to vista. Then reinstalling on new platform. Never heard of steam though so that could be your problem.
          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I think Steam is one of those buy and download places.

Comment

If its a p2p then it could well be the issue. Try it with just the Vista software to try to isolate the problem.
              * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
              * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
              * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
              * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
              X