Cannot build spaceship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot build spaceship

Hey, I have civilization 3 complete addition and I'm having trouble building the spaceship. I have the technology neccessary, the apollo project and all the resources but it wont let me build it. When I press the little S in the corner nothing happens either. Am I being incredibly dense and missing something or is it a glitch of some kind? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, does the spaceship screen appear when you press F10?
    At the moment, the only explanation I can think of was that the space victory condition was disabled during the game's setup.

Comment

No, the spaceship screen never comes up despite the button being there. I concidered I might have accidentally disabled spaceship victory but then sure i wouldnt be able to build the apollo project and the button shouldnt appear. Is there anyway in game to check what the victory conditions are for that particular game?

Comment

I don't think so, but if you haven't started another game since, you can check by setting up a new one. The setup screens (at least in classic Civ3) remember the previous settings and show them when you set up the next game. The second screen contains the list of victory conditions enabled. Being able to build Apollo isn't conclusive (it provides culture and you could build it in Civ2 even with the Bloodlust option), but the appearance of the spaceship button should be an indication the victory condition as such is enabled.

Comment

Are you sure no other victory condition has been reached? For example, has someone built the UN and held elections?
          [c3c] 1.22(f?)
          For better barbarians, add NoAIPatrol=0 to conquests.ini (see this thread )

Comment

As watorrey says, you won't be able to build the spaceship if a different victory has been reached. That includes victory by time in 2050.

Comment

Working...
            X