how to save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to save?

I want to increase the frequency of strategic resources for Cic3-Conquests. I know how to open up the editor and change the numbers for the resources, but I have no idea how to save the changes so they become permanent, default rules when I start a new game.

Any help would be appreciated, but I'm quite ignorant in these matters, so a clear, simple, detailed explanation (or a link to a previously existing one) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for any help.

If you want it to become permanent, default rules for a new game, save it as the name of the default .biq file in the main conquests directory. I think vmxa1 said in the other thread it's called "conquest.biq" and that sounds right; just see what's in the main Conquests directory. But make sure to rename this file (hold ALT and click on the file) to something else (e.g. "conquest.biq.org") so that you can get it back if you want to reverse your changes; otherwise you'll be stuck with your new numbers, unless you can remember what they were before.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply!

Sorry to be so dense, but this is what happens. The original 'conquests.biq' is a 'biq file.' When I go into the eitor, change the values and save, it appears as a 'Civ3ED Document.' I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong and that this won't work. Can you tell what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again.

Comment

Sounds like you're using the Civilization III (original vanilla version) editor. Make sure you're using the Conquests Editor.

Comment

Thanks for answering. I finally figured it out. I misunderstood an earlier post and assumed the file should be one way when the way I had it was fine.

Once again, thanks to all for your replies.

Comment

Working...
          X