Civ3 is defying my will!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 is defying my will!

Hey folks, I've got a few problems that are making me feel quite stupid.

I have a copy of Civ3 v1.07f. It has crashed my machine at random points within the game, without warning. As of now, I can't even load my save without getting the "DataIO operation system error: TILE" message. I've tried reinstalling, with and without the v1.29 patch. With the patch, I'm prompted to insert the civ3 disc at the main menu, but it doesn't detect, and therefore, doesn't @#%ing work! I'm totally hooped, here. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Megaloman; July 14, 2006, 02:26.

Saves from 1.07 are not compat with 1.29, so that is why you get the error. The CD issue, i have heard about many many times, but do not know what the correction may be.

It is caused by the update done to the secuirity routine. I know that people that got the game from an online vendor had this problem.

I think the publisher offers a no CD fix for registered user, but I am not sure of it.

Comment

With regards to the compatibility of saves, I'm no help whatsoever. However, I'm having the exact same ("CD not detected") problem. For me, though, that problem only occurs if I put the CD in the same drive from which I installed it. Oddly, if I put it in my other (CD-RW) drive, it plays fine.

Comment

Working...
      X