Worker action's and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker action's and more

I have a question about Worker Actions, obvious by subject line. Like Irrigation for instance. I have a city, near the sea or ocean, I tried to irrigate it but the worker would not. Yet the river/stream next to another city will. Also the colony senario. I have a city with the surround outline, that does not encompass a good. Neither does any other city, or colony from another civ. It will not let me colonies it to bring to the city. I built a road to it, and tried with 2 different workers. The good is game, if that makes any difference. Please any help will be appreciated. I have the game and the patch installed, nothing else.

You have to have fresh water to irrigae tiles. So only rivers or lakes can be used. After you have electricity you can irrigate without water.

Comment

Re: Worker action's and more

Originally posted by Prince Vlad III
      I have a question about Worker Actions, obvious by subject line. Like Irrigation for instance. I have a city, near the sea or ocean, I tried to irrigate it but the worker would not. Yet the river/stream next to another city will. Also the colony senario. I have a city with the surround outline, that does not encompass a good. Neither does any other city, or colony from another civ. It will not let me colonies it to bring to the city. I built a road to it, and tried with 2 different workers. The good is game, if that makes any difference. Please any help will be appreciated. I have the game and the patch installed, nothing else.
      I posted the water part already, but I was not sure what the issue was for the other item.

Terms used here are specific. A colony is meant to be the thing you get when a worker/slave is sent to a resource and told to make a colony.

That act creates a road on that tile. If the resource is more than one tile outside your borders, you need to build a road to the town to get the resource.

Lux are the same as resources in this scenario. You cannot build a colony inside another civs borders. That includes your own.

So what is on the tile you want to colonize? I think only lux and strategic resources are colonizable. IOW I don't think gold would work and you would not want to do that anyway.

Post a save and give the version being used. A screen shot may work as well.

Comment

Here is Save

The patch I install says Civ3v129f. It was the only one I could find. The city in question is Byzantium. I am still learning this game and I am not good at it this should be a hoot to who ever looks at it. Thanks for your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

NOt sure what the issue may be as I see the worker is irrigating the grassland just fine. The iron cannot be colonized as it is in your borders and is already in your strategic box.

If you are looking at the deer, I do not think it can be clonized as it is neither a strategic resource or a lux.

Comment

The deer

The deer is what I was trying to colonize. Irrigating I tried the irrigating by the river and worked it to the city in question. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

To get the deer in your borders you need to expand them with culture. This can be done with a lib or a temple. Since this is chief, you do not need a temple, so lib will work fine.

City placement is not too bad, I see at least one place that could have gave been place on the river. Pisae, so it wuld not need an aqua. Cumae also would be moved to the hill to get the river.

Make a town at the end of the river from Antium. Wait Romania should have been moved to be on a river as well.

Brundisum moved back get a river and then you would have moved Hispalis for a decent spacing.

Comment

This is not C3 1.29f, becasue you are building MDI's. They came with PTW. I could not be sure this is not C3C and I suspect it is, because the easy test would be to see if I could build the SoZ.

You do not have you ivory hooked up so I could in any event.

ALWAYS connect your luxs and resources. YOu have irrigated the ivory, but no road. It is usually a good idea to make a road, once you have a worker on the tile, especially if it does not have jungle/swamp/trees/hills/mountains.

DO not build MDI, when you can build Knights.

I would not build barracks in all towns, only those that will make troops. In a chief game a few cities is enough.

Comment

Saltpetter not onnected either. I do see you have ivory under the town and are exporting it.

You only have 8 workers, that is not enough 1.5 per towns at least. I would not be cutting jungles with so few workers, wait on that. When you do it, use gamgs of workers to get it down fast.

Cities are starving, that is what the red numbers are telling you. Fix that now.

Neapolis should also had been on a river. Put the jokers back to work. Switch to a worker and get it out quick. Have it irrigate and road.

This is chief, but one unit is crazy. May want to switch a build or two to knights and rush them.

Comment

Thanks Again

For the advice. I only have Civ 3. The PTW and Conquest I thought were add on packs, I will look again to see if I have the correct patch for the regular Civ3 game. I back track a bit to try your advice it has worked well. Thank you

Comment

It appears that it is PTW. I looked in the program directory, under atari. It comes up with Civ3ptw, that is where the saved games are. But I did reinstall the patch 1.29f, in the same directory under version.txt it says 1.29f, but I wil look for the PTW patch also, and install it. Again Thanks

Comment

It has been a couple of years, but I think PTW patches C3 to 1.29f automatically. The patch for PTW is 1.27F.

I knew it had to be at least PTW as I said MDI did not exist in C3.

Comment

That must be it. I tried the 1.27f patch and it would not play I had toe uninstall it. But I lost that tutorial, but now I think I can try the regular game. Cheers

Comment

When you load the game it shows the version. I would not be surprised to find that some of the CD's already had been patched to the last fix.

Comment

Version

It says 1.27

Comment

Working...
                              X