Diplomatic Victories/Space Flight Victories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomatic Victories/Space Flight Victories

What's the best way to win a diplomatic victory? Create vassal states with one of the weak countries? Give gifts? I'm not clear b/c I used to just run all territories over but now that I'm at monarch it came to a point where there were two island civs left and we're at tanks and they're both a few slots ahead of me.

I use a leader to creat the UN but I need a majority vote. Even though neither of them qualify, they just abstain in their votes and there we are . .. heh.

Regarding space flight . .. is it like CIV 2 where you can stop the launch and even destroy the ship by taking their capitol?
    How can you slow them down or stop their project?

Thanks,

SJEM

Best way to win is to hold a UN vote where you are the only civ left standing!

Failing that bribery usually wins the day. It can be very expensive and may not work. They may just take your cash and abstain anyway.

Failing that, the other trick is to identify your closest rival - usually the most powerful civ apart from yourself and gang up on them using military alliances. Since you are at war with a common enemy then they are more likely to vote in your favour.

Diplomatic victories are harder to get if you have broken any deals in the past.

As for the space ship, I've never actually built the damn thing. As far as I am aware the spaceship resides in orbit rather than the capital and therefore cannot be destroyed on the launch pad.

Slowing the AI build is easier than delaying construction. Certain parts require certain resources and resource denial is the key.

If they have a part underway then you must remove that part from production by either capturing the city building that part or through espionage.

Hope this helps

JATF

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I read in the hard manual . . . shortly after I posted this . .. that the spaceship is destroyed if you take the capitol.

SJEM

Comment

Yes take the capitol and they have to start all over. Use espionage to sabotage a current part build to slow it, if needed.

Easiest way is to cut off any uranium, then they will not be able to build some of the parts. Don't forget they need nearly all the techs to have all parts.

How can they be ahead of you in tech at monarch and they are on an island?

Comment

It's actually the regent level which tends to give them a slight lead on you if they're a small democracy and you're a war mongering large monarchy.

Comment

Working...
          X