crash after conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash after conquest

I got the Windows error message saying Civ 3 has encountered a problem and must close, twice. Once after I won the Fall or Rome Conquest and After the Middle Ages conquest. It pops up after when i click the small X in the corner of the Victory point screen (after the top 5 cities screen) so it closes and my score doesnt get up on the scoreboard.

I have Civilization 3 complete
    I saw a thread saying C3C (thats complete right?) Patch, but when i clicked that link and it said file not found, oh its from 2004, okay
    anyway
    i ran my spybot and adaware, didnt help
    I think i have one of the latest releases of Civ 3 Complete b/c its copyright 2005
    If anyone can help, that would be appreciated
    this is the first time that it has done this, i have done regualr games and earlier conquests with no problems
    thanks

I've found that the error only shows up when I have won a conquest
    It didn't show up when i lost a conquest or if i played a regular game
    can anyone help?

Comment

Just so you know that you are not on ignore

I can't help much since I don't have had the problem, but a couple of questions :

Does the same happen in a random game ? that is, not a scenario.

Have you at least DirectX 9.0c ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What does the error code actually say? It might be a randiom glitch or a file has become corrupted.

As well as checking the Direct X version check that your graphics card drivers are reasonably up to date.

Failing that uninstall Civ and then reinstall. If you don't fancy uninstalling and the rest of the scenarios work okay and normal random maps work okay, you could just ignore the two dodgy scenarios.

Hope this helps a bit.

JATF

Comment

I have DirectX 9.0c
          I have 32 mb graphics...
          thats not that good but it meets the requirements of the game
          I only get the "Microsoft has an encountered a problem and must close" error after I have won a conquest, nothing else
          It does it after winning any conquest
          If I lose it's fine
          Every other aspect of the game runs smoothy and without errors
          I'm going to try reinstalling the game tomorrow

Comment

I uninstalled and reinstalled it
            the problem is still there
            but i give up and i'll just deal with it
            thanks anyway though

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. I tried conquest scenario, and upon winning it, at the same victory points screen it crashes. I shut down most of my background tasks, and turned off antivirus, but to no avail.

Comment

Upon continued search with luckily altered Google quiery I have indeed stumbled upon solution.

Navigate to this file: ..\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\CampaignRecord.hof (Hall of Fame file). Right-click on it, and in the “Properties” dialog uncheck “read-only” box. Ta-da!

Courtesy of: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144699

Comment

Working...
                X