Noob Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Question

Why can't my Great Leaders rush wonders? Why can't wonders be rushed? Is there any way to change this?

And could someone explain the "science age" and "scientific great leader" concept to me? I've never gotten either.

Re: Noob Question

Originally posted by redazncommieDXP
    Why can't my Great Leaders rush wonders? Why can't wonders be rushed? Is there any way to change this?

And could someone explain the "science age" and "scientific great leader" concept to me? I've never gotten either.
    I am not sure why they elected to change the leader abilities in C3C, but I am g;ad they did. In CivIII and PTW you only have one leader type and it can more or less rush anything or make an army.

This was too strong as leader from combat could be gotten very easy ( I once had 55 in vanilla and it was not an AW game).

So now in Conquest you have two types. Those from combat are Military (MGL) and cannot rush a great wonder. This is as it should be.

Science Leader (SGL) can rush wonders, but not make armies, makes sense to me.

Wonders are powerful and they decided to not allow any "tainted shields" to be use in their construction. This I think was very wise. So no forest chops and no disbanding.

I have not looked at this aspect. I have heard anyone making such a change either, so I suspect it was hard coded.

Comment

So how can I go about getting an SGL? I've never seen one.

Comment

When a civ is first to learn a tech, it has a small chance to get an SGL. I forget the exact percent, but I think it 3% for non scientific civs. If you are scientific it goes up a bit to I think 5%.

I may be off a bit on the number it is close to that value. So it is not impossible to play a game an never get one. The higher the level the more likely it is that you will not get one.

That is because you will probably not be first to very many techs. Anyway they look just like an MGL or at least that is what I recall.

I don't get them as I tend to play deity or sid. BTW you may have them disabled, so look for that option when you start a game.

Comment

SGL - looks like Einstein. masses of white hair and carrying a clipboard. Only ever appear in the Capital.

Nice bonus for when you get one but do not rely on getting one.

JATF

Comment

It is, in fact, 3%/5%.

At lower levels, if you power research through, you should get 1-3 SGL's, if you are scientific.

At higher levels, you can get 1 if you are able to select the techs that the AI won't

Comment

Working...
            X