irrigation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irrigation problem

I'm having a problem with the irrigation, irrigation does not add food to grassland sqaures, only to dessert and arid sqaures, this becomes a problem when I'm trying to increase my population, and grassland sqaures will only produce two foods regardless of irrigation, does anyone have a quick fix for this, the patches at civ3.com don't work, please help

This isn't a bug if you're in despotism. Under despotism, tiles that would produce 3 or more of a given resource (food, shields, or commerce) produce one less of that resource. Since irrigation only adds +1 food, grasslands that already produce 2 food will hit 3 upon irrigation and be penalized back down to two. You'll need to get out of despotism and into another government in order to benefit from irrigation of normal grassland tiles. In the meantime, mine your grasslands and look for food resources that break the cap for you; tiles with cattle, wheat, and game have already had 1 food taken away and will benefit from irrigation. Grassland tiles with wine will also benefit from irrigation, as the penalty has already been applied to the +1 food that wines give.

Comment

thank you, answered my question, but I wish it said that in the civilopedia.

Comment

Working...
      X