N00b advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N00b advice?

Any advice for the newbie here? I played my first game, and I lost miserably. I was peaceful with everyone, I don't give engineering to the Persians, and after 2 min 7 civilizations have all allied against me. Well anyway I can get it so that other countries don't demand things from me? Or any other stratigies that you think will help? Thanks

And a better note at the end of the game (1060AD) I had almost half of the culture thing. It was very odd looking, the light blue bit was HUGE compared to every other color.

Take a look at the must read threads. There are also some threads with games for most levels that you may want to read and see how things are done by others and why.

Look at the AU thread for civ3 and read some the reports. Many have details of the turns.

Read Crackers OPening moves and after all that see if how the next one goes and if you have questions.

BTW give the version you are talking about and the level and settings as they make a difference. What I would tell someone to do at Warlord, is not what I would do at Sid.

Comment

I was doing the easiest level, but I'll look at those threads. Thanks

Edit: Hay I used to live in Sanford, that's pretty close to Oviedo.

Comment

Yup very close. There are some useful info on early turns in many of the threads. Most will apply to all levels, at least below Demi.

Comment

Hay I got another question, what exactly does a mine do?

Comment

It add a shield to the output of that tile, if it is worked.

Comment

Working...
            X