Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible game limits

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this forum and also to civ3 conquests. I like it alot but at the beginning of the game you have to choose several "game limits which are a real pain in the ass.

I was wondering if it's possible to alter these game limits beyond the present limits.
    Especially the game limit capture cities is irritating. If you're playing on the largest map you are only allowed to capture maximum 10 cities from a pc-opponent. CAN THIS BE CHANGED???

I heard maybe with the file "civ3mod.bic??? HOW? How can I open such a file??

Can anybody help me out here?

Andre

In standard games, called epics, you are not limited to capturing 10 cities or any number. The only limit is that the game allows 512 cities overall.

This should not be a problem on less than huge maps.

Are you playing some scenario that you loaded? IN that casse the design may have set a limit, not sure how though.

If you use the editor to use custom rules, you can save the rules as a replacement for BIC/BIX/BIQ. Bic is for C3, Bix is for PTW and Biq is for C3C.

Comment

Hi vmxa1

It's actually the first game I played with this game! I just started a random huge map. I'm not sure if it's called an "epic game" or somewhat different..

Does it matter that it's civ3 conquests?? I played the normal civ3 (without expansions) and can't remember any game limits.... Now in civ 3 conquests there is a terrible list of limits...

I will look this evening about your answer about the epic game!

thanks for your quick respons!

Greetings,

Andre

Comment

Just figured out that these game limits aren't there in the normal civ3 game. When playing the expansion civ3 conquest there are game limits.
        Anyone of you know how to get rid of these game limits? especially the city elimination count???

Andre

Comment

Working...
        X