The Conquests... The Good Bad and Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Conquests... The Good Bad and Ugly

I was just wondering, this is probibly placed somewhere else as well... but in the looming power that is Civ4 on the horizon ... I have tried to keep myself interested until Civ4 pulls my soul from my chest... So I have just a few questions about the Conquests:

1) What Conquest that is the most fun for you? Why?

2) What Conquest do you think was the most difficult? Why?

3) What Conquest are you hoping to see a Civ4 version of in the future? Why?

4) Any other comments on the Conquests and or possible conversions to Civ4?

Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

1. I don't know, I enjoyed them all.

2. Rise of Rome. There's no short cuts to victory adviable in this conquest.

3. I don't know, but it's most likely that some version of Rise of Rome will evenually be in a Civ 4 pack since this is the only Civ III conquest that had a Civ 2 analog.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

1) What Conquest that is the most fun for you? Why?

RoR. Because I like the Roman Empire.

2) What Conquest do you think was the most difficult? Why?

Medieval.

3) What Conquest are you hoping to see a Civ4 version of in the future? Why?

WWII
      American Revolution
      Rise of Rome

4) Any other comments on the Conquests and or possible conversions to Civ4?
      If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
      Ailing Civilization Strategy
      How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
      M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

Never got around to any of them.

Comment

Well considering this is my question, I guess I should submit my own responses:

1) Loved Middle Ages and WWII in the Pacific
          Because I was the Arabs and took over the everything east of (and including) Constantinople, so I sort of built myself a Ottoman Empire in that one. I cant remember but I believe I won by VPs.

WWII in the Pacific because I was the Japanese and united the east in under Yamato rule so to speak, it was fun because I really like the that time period.

2) The battle for Japan (cant recall the name) was the hardest for me, in fact I have yet to beat it, there was simply too many civs in it and they all pulled ahead of me in the tech ladder and even though I had a larger empire they out produced me in war and peacetime.

3) I am really awaiting the American Revolution and any further Rise of Rome or WWII scenarios they could be cooking.

Thanks for the replies!!!
          Siga El Conejo Blanco
          Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
          | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

1) I loved the Roman Conquests because I love Rome. I greatly enjoyed Mesoamerica, ploping settlers everywhere as the Inca and conquering the declining empires. I also enjoyed mesopatmia. that was a killer one, which I won and of course WW2!!! I won as the japnse and the Americans I thought the others were a little ahrder to win.

2) Medieval Europe was cool and I did not find it hard but it wasn't easy. I found Napoleanic Wars difficult to win (because I'm always Prussia hehe) and Battle for Japan because of so many factions, but I did come in like 2nd or 3rd heh.

3)I'd love to see another WW2 scenario, a Roman scenario and Alexander the Great scenario. I cant wait for Revolutionary War that will be awesome!
            The AI cheats I just know it!!

Comment

1) I liked the middle ages. Many different ways to play, but science is so costly in this game. I often find it easy to lag behind western Europeans as Byzantines or Arabs.

2) I havent tried them all, but so far I found Rise of Rome hard.

3) I would like to see that warring states period before BC 221 in China. With so many factions all fighting for domination of china, it should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X