Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the AI get more intelligent when its a Diety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the AI get more intelligent when its a Diety?

This is more than probibly a really stupid question. But I must say that I have never played a SP civ game past Regent or Monarch... so I must ask: Does the AI lose some of its obserdly stupid traits as it gets higher up?

Example: In almost every game I play, the AI builds stupid city improvements and never connects their cities (unless close together) and they never upgrade their obsolete units.

Are these clearly unintelligent actions/habits lost as the AI becomes 'harder'?

(the reason I ask is because I would go into the editor and push the AI intelligence really high and then leave the advantages/disadvantages of the Difficulty Level the same)

Thanks!
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

The AI is the same at all levels. The only things that change are the amount of start units and the cost factor.

This sometimes leads to what appears to be smarter play, but is really only a function of the better head start.

You will still see all of the silly things and a few new ones. You will see on Sid the AI lose all of its workers as it has built so many units, it cannot afford the workers support and they are disbanded.

Comment

As vmxa1 says, it's the same AI, just different bonii.

There are a few extra bonii beside start units and their production factor. The AI will give each other more favorable trade terms as the difficulty increases, which tends to increase tech sharing. They also each get extra free support and lower maximum turns of anarchy as the difficulty increases beyond Regent.

Comment

Yea but all that has to do with advantages/disadvantages... i thought maybe the AI would get better at waging war or social upkeep on higher levels too... i guess not...
        Siga El Conejo Blanco
        | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Well on the positive side: lets hope for the best in Civ4!!!

Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated.
          Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

The AI is the same.
            But the diety level features more extra units than Demigod + higher free unit support (both base and per city) + very short anarchys in addittion to the smaller costs to build things.

It's actually the increased free unit support that's most significant between Demigod and Diety.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Civ IV
              The Sherrin Foundation
              Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

No it doesn't, it just cheats more
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

At Diety, I've noticed many civs get stuck - a few civs in the ancient age when I'm in the MidMiddle Age.

Comment

Working...
                  X